Replaced an Epson ET-3251 with an ET-4850 (ET-6290) and it doesnt print photos black sections

Essentially I replaced it from a DOA and it seems to have issues with printing pure black on the photo paper, which in this case is glossy, I was wondering if anyone experienced here could help, the store suggested it to me as a better alternative (official retailer, not just some corner shop), the print speeds etc are all good, its an Ink tank too which is very good for economy but it just doesnt get black printed properly, its a tinted blue black rather than black-black (K), the home grade printer I returned was providing for some reason an absolute black with ritchness, this one does not and it bothers me since I gave essentially a difference to buy it worth double the initial printer's price.

It is a bit frustrating because I generally get tired of returning products more than once. Now I only bought the more expensive one because it is a more sturdy build (quality of components, work hours endurance etc) and I had the best intentions but it feels like it backfired in this case unless I can somehow get this fixed. Maybe there is some setting I missed or perhaps some gimmick that is causing this.

Thanks in advance.

I know a lot of printers have presets/profiles for different paper, especially higher-end models designed for photo paper. 

For example, my Canon Pixma Pro9000 Mk.II has an extensive dropdown with a ridiculously extensive list of printing materials, and these presets actually make a noticeable difference in the output image. 

image.png.4eb7a5d688a533a07c6de969feaaeb45.png

If I were you, I'd go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers, right click the Epson, and select "Printing Properties". Odds are, you'll be able to configure the printer to use glossy photo paper. Or perhaps, that is a setting on the printer itself.

On 2/25/2024 at 7:28 PM, da na said:

I know a lot of printers have presets/profiles for different paper, especially higher-end models designed for photo paper. 

For example, my Canon Pixma Pro9000 Mk.II has an extensive dropdown with a ridiculously extensive list of printing materials, and these presets actually make a noticeable difference in the output image. 

image.png.4eb7a5d688a533a07c6de969feaaeb45.png

If I were you, I'd go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers, right click the Epson, and select "Printing Properties". Odds are, you'll be able to configure the printer to use glossy photo paper. Or perhaps, that is a setting on the printer itself.

Hi, yes I did those steps natuarally but nothing changed so far.