Higher Voltage on CPU than usual

Wizzy2000
Go to solution Solved by Naijin,
8 minutes ago, Wizzy2000 said:

Hello everyone,

i recently downloaded the AMD Ryzen Master app and this automatically sets the voltage of my CPU pretty high (around 1.47V) so my CPU results in a higher temperature than needed (61°Celsius), even tho CPU-load is just around 20-30%. So what im trying is Manually put CPU Clocking rather than using the standard option. After starting a game it seems to pop out of my manual settings (as shown in screenshot) and sets the Voltage on automatic mode and Exceeding 3.6GHz (basically overclocking for no reason). I'm not quite sure if this is inteded or if this is a AMD function. BIOS settings are on default, even disabled Precision Boost Overdrive.
Maybe one of you can help or just tell me this is normal if it should be. I'M just thinking it overclocking automatically shouldn't be a thing in low CPU-loads.
Thanks for the help!

My specs:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x 3.6GHz
32GB of DDR4 RAM
Geforce RTX 2080 Super (msi-Edition)
MPG X570 Gaming Plus Motherboard
Windows 11 (newest Version)
BIOS (newest Version)-7C37vAM
Be Quiet 450W Straight Power 11

image.thumb.png.a635dafe40ee89f673e20c9bae165034.png

It's perfectly normal, but if you want to tune voltage, it's better to go to PBO and enable a negative curve offset.

The 3700x is allowed to boost to 4.4 GHz at stock. The voltage won't harm your cpu, unless it's running at high voltage (1.45+) at 100% all core, I wouldn't worry. Ryzen processors run a bit hotter at idle but that is by design, recent Intels do this too.

Hello everyone,

i recently downloaded the AMD Ryzen Master app and this automatically sets the voltage of my CPU pretty high (around 1.47V) so my CPU results in a higher temperature than needed (61°Celsius), even tho CPU-load is just around 20-30%. So what im trying is Manually put CPU Clocking rather than using the standard option. After starting a game it seems to pop out of my manual settings (as shown in screenshot) and sets the Voltage on automatic mode and Exceeding 3.6GHz (basically overclocking for no reason). I'm not quite sure if this is inteded or if this is a AMD function. BIOS settings are on default, even disabled Precision Boost Overdrive.
Maybe one of you can help or just tell me this is normal if it should be. I'M just thinking it overclocking automatically shouldn't be a thing in low CPU-loads.
Thanks for the help!

My specs:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x 3.6GHz
32GB of DDR4 RAM

8 minutes ago, Wizzy2000 said:

Hello everyone,

Thanks for the help!

My specs:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x 3.6GHz
32GB of DDR4 RAM

It's perfectly normal, but if you want to tune voltage, it's better to go to PBO and enable a negative curve offset.

The 3700x is allowed to boost to 4.4 GHz at stock. The voltage won't harm your cpu, unless it's running at high voltage (1.45+) at 100% all core, I wouldn't worry. Ryzen processors run a bit hotter at idle but that is by design, recent Intels do this too.

2 hours ago, Naijin said:

recent Intels do this too

My i7 1165g7 agrees with this statement lol. Even with it at idle and I used throttle stop to allow it to go down to 0.9 ghz when nothing is happening, it still is at 55 C 🤣

I edit my messages more than not –

Probably some dude on the internet