Looking for help for a temp solution to bad internet

Infinity285

Hey all, I have recently moved and I have internet where I am at that is rather inconsistent and makes it difficult to even stay connected long enough to even enjoy conversation with friends on discord. I am only going to be here temporarily as I am looking for a more permanent living situation but until then I am hoping for some assistance. My first thought is simply to get a 4g/5g dongle (Australia isn't super well covered with 5g at the moment) that I can use a SIM card with and go off of that, but there are many options and wasn't sure on what would be best, but something along the lines of this. Wondering if any here would have experience or alternate suggestions to help.

Dongles aren't the answer if you want consistent connection, at least in my experience. Do you have any options for monthly rolling broadband? You might have to pay a connection fee but it will be infinitely better than any 4/5G solution, and may end up cheaper depending on mobile data rates and cost of a good dongle.

Can you get home internet from a mobile provider? The hardware for these tend to be more elaborate than just a dongle or hot spot, they may be free or low cost to rent, and plans may not have fixed data caps but instead throttle speeds down past a certain point. This totally varies by refion & country. I use mobile home internet in the US and it works well enough in my rural area that my home's wired connection is actually my backup.