Ds1821+ and Intel x550-t2

Go to solution Solved by Bersella AI,

The support for NICs actually depends on the DiskStation Manager (DSM) system, no matter what Synology has shown on their compatibility lists. I read an article from GXNAS (written in Chinese) describing all NICs supported by DSM 6.2+, including Intel X540, X550 and X710 families. Intel has also been one of the best supported NIC vendors in Linux or its distros, including DSM.😉

Good day,

Thanks for reading my post.

So I have the synology 1821+ and wanted to put in either the 540 or the 550. Some recommended the 550, just before I was about to buy I saw that the compatibily list has another section Search by synology product, all the same nics as all the others I saw. No biggie. till I change it to 3rd party only the x710-t4 and the FastLinQ QL41134HLRJ are supported. 1 I dont want to upgrade to fiber just yet. And the x710 only has 10gbe/1gbe/100mb support.

Has anyone tried the combination?

Thanks

J

The support for NICs actually depends on the DiskStation Manager (DSM) system, no matter what Synology has shown on their compatibility lists. I read an article from GXNAS (written in Chinese) describing all NICs supported by DSM 6.2+, including Intel X540, X550 and X710 families. Intel has also been one of the best supported NIC vendors in Linux or its distros, including DSM.😉