thrasher's windows xp build log

so this is my build log of building the ultamit windows xp build.

case: thermaltake tower 900 (i do have a corsair obsidian 900d witch would be more period correct build but we will see) 

mb: asus rampage iv extreme (back one would be better but could not find one...) vram south bridge water block

ram: corsair dominator 4x4gb 1600 (looking for 4 more) also have 8x2gb too) will be water cooled just need to find what threads they are...🤷‍♂️

gpu: atm gtx evga 980 with water block ( terminal block threads are a bit messed up but got a barb to seat so...( update just got a titanx maxwell of ebay so lets hope it works..

cpu Xeon E5-1680 v2

so this build is the ultimate windows xp build to play older game. gtx 960 is the last supported driver but there a slight mod you can do to get up to a titanx maxwell to work. Quadro K6000 would work too but i dont think they made a water block for em i dont think?

i got one mb and was putting it together and i put the cpu up side down and killed it...so had to get another one. i found a water blocked asus  rampage iv extreme water blocked witch would have been the best off ebay but it looks like they were just scamming people...😡

xpmb.png.4817ca1f2d95e3474c7de5b7ee39645f.png

so i kept looking... and found another one with water block and i got it

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.b0b4f996e6ee2390859e8075078e6059.jpg

i also got a titan x maxwell with out water block but it was having problem so got my moeny back.

titanx001.thumb.jpg.374b4ee93617a45d0cc731a89c7fca94.jpg

titanx002.thumb.jpg.b603c78fd20b7b293a0888706ce0cb5d.jpg

so today (2/19/2024) i got another titan x maxwell off ebay with water block so lets hope this one works...

ebaytitanx.thumb.jpg.d5d9aadfc260576c0f704948aa8e4c92.jpg

for the mb i took off the blocks and cleaned em the cpu block is kinda bad so i took out the jet plate but i might use a different block i dont no yet. i have a raystrom block.

pc009.thumb.jpg.af02a984a384ee19d85b02c1afc80d1a.jpg

pc011.thumb.jpg.f59589f97a073ae60655d87b0fea3c4e.jpg

pc012.thumb.jpg.f53746df8dfd1831d384b7a3218971f1.jpg

for rads is 2x 480mm rads with artic p 120mm fan for now with a d5 pump. dont no all the details yet but thats what i got for now.

other windows xp build inspired

Nvidia GTX970/980/980Ti/Titan driver install for Windows XP

the looks im trying to go by

mqdefault.jpg.092d9a687c62a5df52126443713bb76c.jpg

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

• 2 weeks later...

looking like a good base for it. It's actually funny because the titan x maxwell is also the fastest gpu made with a ramdac for VGA output.
not sure if that was also your intentions or not but it means you can pair it up with a CRT if you wish.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, OhYou_ said:

looking like a good base for it. It's actually funny because the titan x maxwell is also the fastest gpu made with a ramdac for VGA output.
not sure if that was also your intentions or not but it means you can pair it up with a CRT if you wish.

funny i been looking at crt stuff and watch a video of a guy completing his setup of bvm... anyway he build a pc with i think a 980 witch he said something about vga and his crt monitor... small world.

but ya you never no if ill get a crt/tv atm im using a ossc and a smaller tv then my 49 ich. looks ok. my dad has a 30inch dell u3011 monitor but its in use atm but said i can have it if i replace it. so im thinking about that. 🤷‍♂️

but im also thinking on giving up and selling the systems as it seems to be a money pit. and might be happy just using my pc but ill still buy cd witch are costly... was thinking on mini but i dont no... you cant but rad2x atm so...

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

well update the evga titan x works...👍 so now its down to finding the ram screw threads and more ram. and finding out what res im using and mout it. might do case mods might not 🤷‍♂️ i need a logitech g 115 keyboard or something... i had one but dont rember were it went? my dad had one too oh well.

Posted (edited)

well looking on ebay for a mb for my tv build i got another asus rampage iv extreme mb thats water cooled so now i dont no what should be in what system...

$570 is alot but if you add it all up with blocks its about right.🤷‍♂️

i guess the 3060 water block would match to to the ek blocks...🤷‍♂️ let mo no witch should be witch.

Intel i7-3970x (Overclocked to 4.8Ghz)

G.Skill TridentX 32GB RAM @ 2400mhz looks like 4x sticks

asus rampage iv.jpg

Edited by thrasher_565