Laptop with bypass charging

Anyone know of a site or resource that has detailed info of what laptop models/lines support bypass charging?

Because I don't want to be buying one that will have the battery die rapidly if left plugged into the wall for long periods of time (time span of weeks)

Ideally it lets me set the battery to charge 60% and thereafter draws power as if the battery is missing.

A response like "most laptop these days have battery protection features" is not particularly confidence inspiring. Rather, better to instead say if the laptops in your possession has the feature and to what degree it is configurable.

Thanks

I'm not sure how good of an idea this is. If you are going to have it plugged in for weeks, why not take off the back cover and disconnect the battery wire connecting to the mobo? Then plug it into the wall and it's now "bypass charging".

It wouldn't be a hassle for me at least to connect/disconnect the battery once a month, but I haven't tried. Maybe this will wear down the back screws faster.

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

17 minutes ago, RockSolid1106 said:

...take off the back cover and disconnect the battery wire connecting to the mobo?

I am not going to do that

Hence I created this thread to ask

Besides, there may be laptops out there designed to take power only through the battery. And disconnecting the battery would render the whole thing nonfunctional