Way to test students on computer use?

Niqht1
3 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

It's funny how we got these guides way back in the day because we needed them, and now we need them more than ever and nobody is making them.

By reading this, you're entering a contract that says you have to visit my profile.

3 hours ago, Niqht1 said:

Virtual desktops are a cancer.

What? Just use OBS.

By reading this, you're entering a contract that says you have to visit my profile.

14 minutes ago, Niqht1 said:

I dunno what else I can say beyond my first post. I want to make a program to have them do these these things and it detect them. That is it.

Most will be straight forward, but there will have to be some work around ways to do Windows functions like Alt+Tab. And technically the Windows button shortcuts, but I've taken those off the keyboards.

I have web development JS experience, but I hate web development. I have done VB long ago. Now I only ever regularly use Raspberry Pi & Arduino Python and C++

And I don't know what you want curriculum wise.. ? All work I give I can make up as I want. But I am Jr High elective, it doesn't matter, it is only to fill schedules. They can sit there and get a 0 the entire semester and it will change nothing for them. So if they don't want to do the work, but at least aren't disturbing the entire class there is nothing I can do beyond parent emails and hope they care. Then maybe the kid will do something.

Ok, if YOU want to make a program, YOU CAN DO IT.  Good luck.  

26 minutes ago, GoStormPlays said:

What? Just use OBS.

Oh.. hmm.. Windows just calls it "Multiple Desktops". Always had virtual in my head.

Oh.. hmm.. Windows just calls it "Multiple Desktops". Always had virtual in my head.

For a screen recorder??

Just now, GoStormPlays said:

For a screen recorder??

For more than one desktop. The task view button, make new desktop, then Ctrl+Win+[Left/Right]. That shortcut gets passed around so they can play games and hide it when teachers walk by.

For more than one desktop. The task view button, make new desktop, then Ctrl+Win+[Left/Right]. That shortcut gets passed around so they can play games and hide it when teachers walk by.

you could just block their ability to play those games

you could just block their ability to play those games

So like 3/4 of the internet. Networking only blocks as needed and bad/distracting things are discovered. And some things can't (or won't) be blocked. Like all the websites under sites.google.com that are literally called unblockedgames or stuff made in scratch that others use for coding.

So like 3/4 of the internet. Networking only blocks as needed and bad/distracting things are discovered. And some things can't (or won't) be blocked. Like all the websites under sites.google.com that are literally called unblockedgames or stuff made in scratch that others use for coding.

As for Scratch, it has an offline version. Just get that.

As for the rest of it, just be checking the browser history and punish the kids who disobey.

As for Scratch, it has an offline version. Just get that.

As for the rest of it, just be checking the browser history and punish the kids who disobey.

I'm trying to reduce the micromanaging and paperwork.

I'm trying to reduce the micromanaging and paperwork.

I don't know what to tell you then. Teaching your students how to use a PC and PC shortcuts will be rather hard without a windows key.