3D printer purchase advice.

Lex1k0n

I'm on the hunt for some filament printer advice and thought I'd share a bit of my journey so far. I used to rock a CR-10s from Creality, but over time, I found myself spending way more time fiddling with leveling and tinkering than actually printing. It was a fun learning curve initially, but eventually, it became more tedious than enjoyable. So, I made the switch to an Elegoo Saturn S printer. What I loved about it was its simplicity and ease of use. However, after moving, I'm facing challenges with larger prints and no longer have the right space to safely handle resin. Plus, I'm super cautious about using PPE and minimizing exposure to resin products.

Fast forward to now, my employer needs me to fabricate some small items (think max size around 1x3x4 inches), and it's time to dive back into the filament printing pool. I'm looking for recommendations on a new filament printer, considering it's been a hot minute since I owned one. I'm all ears for suggestions on models that are a step up from my old Creality in terms of reliability and ease of use.A printer that's more of a "set it and forget it" with all the modern conveniences would be ideal, making the printing process less of a chore.

While I'm open to the idea of a printer that can handle multiple filaments, I really only need it for single-color prints. As for the budget, I'm aiming to keep it under $2k, but there's some flexibility. If the perfect match is a tad above, feel free to shout it out. I'm a bit out of the loop on what's available and the current price ranges, so any and all advice is welcome.

Thanks in advance for helping me navigate the vast sea of filament printers out there!

Thanks in advance!

Edit: If anyone's used anything from Sindoh I'd love to hear about their experience with it. It was recommended to me by an acquaintance who works for a university maker space. They had a 3dWox1 I believe.

anycubic kobra 2 max, bambu lab x1 carbon

Did I help you?? Then please mark my answer as the solution!

Your employer needs you to fabricate some parts - what are the requirements for those parts besides size?  What sort of materials do the parts need to be made out of - is PLA / PETG / TPU fine, or do you need ABS, Carbon filled nylon, or more exotic engineering materials?

Is this you purchasing the printer  and using it for your employer's benefit or your employer's budget and printer?  Do you have any other hobbies or business opportunities that could benefit from 3d printing?

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone who had recommendations. I ended up having them purchase the Bambu carbon x1 and so far it's amazing, I can't believe how much this product category has evolved in the last few years.