Can't Move Stuff to MicroSD card (android)

Yuvlian

hey guys so i had this microsd card (https://www.teamgroupinc.com/en/product-detail/card/TEAMGROUP/micro-sdhc-uhs-i-u1/micro-sdhc-uhs-i-u1-TUSDH32GUHS03/) formatted as internal storage for a while.

it was only 32GB so eventually I ran out of it. I decided to get a new one (https://www.teamgroupinc.com/en/product-detail/card/TEAMGROUP/elite-micro-sdxc-uhs-i-u3-v30-a1/elite-micro-sdxc-uhs-i-u3-v30-a1-TEAUSDX256GIV30A103/) but with this one I can't really move any app to it. even the one that can be moved, is only moved partially, compared to the old one where everything can be moved to it.

is it because of the sdhc sdxc thingy or the fat32 and exfat format stuff? dont really understand so yeah, help would be appreciated ❤️

laptop: a9-9425, 8gb 1066mhz, 500gb mx500

phone: tiger t618, 6/64

13 minutes ago, Yuvlian said:

hey guys so i had this microsd card (https://www.teamgroupinc.com/en/product-detail/card/TEAMGROUP/micro-sdhc-uhs-i-u1/micro-sdhc-uhs-i-u1-TUSDH32GUHS03/) formatted as internal storage for a while.

it was only 32GB so eventually I ran out of it. I decided to get a new one (https://www.teamgroupinc.com/en/product-detail/card/TEAMGROUP/elite-micro-sdxc-uhs-i-u3-v30-a1/elite-micro-sdxc-uhs-i-u3-v30-a1-TEAUSDX256GIV30A103/) but with this one I can't really move any app to it. even the one that can be moved, is only moved partially, compared to the old one where everything can be moved to it.

is it because of the sdhc sdxc thingy or the fat32 and exfat format stuff? dont really understand so yeah, help would be appreciated ❤️

If the card was formatted as exfat it wouldn't even show up

Honestly had the same problem with my pc but it was only 16gb so I assumed it was for small files only and didn't allow apps to be transfered 

I edit my messages more than not –

Probably some dude on the internet

5 minutes ago, Hellowpplz said:

If the card was formatted as exfat it wouldn't even show up

Honestly had the same problem with my pc but it was only 16gb so I assumed it was for small files only and didn't allow apps to be transfered 

alright then, so i just have to format the new SD card to fat32 right? it wont break or anything?

6 minutes ago, Yuvlian said:

alright then, so i just have to format the new SD card to fat32 right? it wont break or anything?

If it's formatted as exfat, YES format it as fat32, exfat is proprietary to windows.

Edit: latest smartphones and tablets do sometimes support it

9 minutes ago, Yuvlian said:

alright then, so i just have to format the new SD card to fat32 right? it wont break or 

Also when you put it in does it prompt you for internal storage or something else? When it gives that prompt just choose internal storage, the other one doesn't support moving apps.

4 hours ago, Hellowpplz said:

Also when you put it in does it prompt you for internal storage or something else? When it gives that prompt just choose internal storage, the other one doesn't support moving apps.

Yep. It seems like I'll have to find a way to force the apps to be moved...

EDIT: Fixed it. Anyways, seems like I can't close a thread. Hope a mod sees this and closes or delete it.

4 hours ago, Yuvlian said:

EDIT: Fixed it. Anyways, seems like I can't close a thread. Hope a mod sees this and closes or delete it.

That ain't a thing it just stays open

4 hours ago, Yuvlian said:

Hol up you unmarked me as an answer. That is really the equivalent  of closing it.

Plus I get reputation points so I would appreciate it.