Doubting about keyboard integrated USB 2.0 ports

Horkos
Go to solution Solved by Monkey Dust,

They're not super useful, and may only work if you use the keyboard in wired mode. Even wired, they are likely USB 2 speed at best, and may not deliver much power either.  I'd experiment with it, but keep expectations low.

Hello hello!

I recently took my first step into the mechanical keyboard hype - now proudly using a Royal Kludge 98 with brown switches (I like 'en big), but a question remains:

What are common uses for keyboard USB ports? Mine have 2 next to its charging port, but considering that the keyboard itself is already using bluetooth, how can those two USB ports be useful? Is there any world where the bluetooth bandwidth is big enough to support multiple signals without creating input delay?

Note that this bad boy can also be directly plugged via cable or connected using a USB receiver. 

Here, I'm just seeking advice about those USB ports (would be awesome to use it as an USB dock, but I don't want to dream too hard).

They're not super useful, and may only work if you use the keyboard in wired mode. Even wired, they are likely USB 2 speed at best, and may not deliver much power either.  I'd experiment with it, but keep expectations low.

Typically they're only useful for saving a USB port on your computer by connecting a mouse receiver to it. At my job, we also use the built-in ports for transferring files between work equipment since there's only 1 USB port, so connecting a keyboard functions as having 3 USB ports essentially.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |