Daisy Chain / Interconnected / Bridged RGB Fan Options?

Ariolander

This week a bunch of creators did videos on Seasonic's new MagFlow line of interconnecting magnetic pin RGB fans.

I know previously Lian Li has sued Phanteks for their daisy chain technology. Some worried this might stop other easy-to-cable manage options from entering the market.

Now in 2024 with some new interconnecting fan kits finally being introduced what options are available in the daisy chain easy-to-cable manage aesthetic RGB case fan space?

Besides Lian Li UniFan and Seasonic Magflow mentioned above, both DeepCool & ID-COOLING had a line of daisy chainable fans using super short cables (to not interfere with Lian Li's patents) and ICOLOr & AsiaHorse had which looked like straight UniFan knockoffs, including the Lian Li styling.  

In the end, I opted for Thermaltake's SWAFAN EX 14 ARGB series. They weren't any cheaper than Lian Li's UniFans but their main selling point was 140mm availability and that they had reversible fan blades, where you could swap the fans with a set of reverse blade to make sure the front aesthetic side of the fan faces your TG.  

I also liked the included fan controller with their kits, but was disappointed that they only sold their fans as kits, not as singles.

The last of companies making interconnected fans has grown pretty long. I haven't followed the Lian Li lawsuits but I doubt they'll win them all given that the connection technique varies. I think those knock-offs from Chinese companies probably licensed the rights. That would explain the relatively high prices for some of them, especially since some brands (Cool Moon, Jungle Leopard, Sama, Asiahorse, etc) are not good quality. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂