4090 fan rpm normal?

Mando772004
Go to solution Solved by matt0725,

A 10% difference could easily be down to a different case/ventilation situation compared to how it was tested by techpowerup. they likely used an open air bench, where your GPU is likely inside a case, so it has to fight a bit harder to get the heat out. I wouldn't worry about it at all.

when gaming, my gpu can reach around 62-65c at max on max load gaming, like alan wake 2 for example. i notice the fans reach around 1500 rpm somewhere near that, is that normal for a strix oc model? according to techpowerup, the rpm on their strix oc was 1330rpm, mine is a bit higher like for around 1480rpm, i dont mind it but i just want to know if thats normal as i did feel like it was a bit higher than i expected, i didnt change any bios or anything, everything is stock

A 10% difference could easily be down to a different case/ventilation situation compared to how it was tested by techpowerup. they likely used an open air bench, where your GPU is likely inside a case, so it has to fight a bit harder to get the heat out. I wouldn't worry about it at all.

5 minutes ago, matt0725 said:

yeah that makes sense, Thanks for your reply!