Problems with my custom ISO and office stuff.

Gat Pelsinger

So I loaded my custom Windows 10 ISO on a virtual machine, and there are few problems/questions I have - (for context, I am going to install this ISO on the real hardware)

1) The OOBE was skipped, but I think it is VMWare's easy install feature, because then how would my user account with my name would have been set up?

2) I need to login into a domain, rather than signing in into a local account. Now I don't know if this is a VMWare thing or my ISO thing, but I have to fix this before I actually install this ISO.

3) I noticed my "@" key is not above the "2" key, but rather my ";" key. Is this some language thing I messed up, or again is it VMWare? I chose to only keep the English International language in my ISO. Also, I did install the advanced keyboard driver or whatever for VMWare and also all its drivers for Windows.

4) This is MS Office related. I know, who cares about Office, but I need to have it installed because people other than me use this PC. Now, I have the product key, but when I go to the login page, if I enter my own email (Gmail) which wasn't the one linked with the Office account, and proceed to the product key page, it says that the license will be forwarded to my email. Will this create any problems?.

<Small story-time warning. Please skip if you don't have time.>

Spoiler

You would say, I could just use the email that was originally linked, but uh, how do I say this? That email is most likely my dad's email, and I cannot really ask him to login because uh, he doesn't like me doing technical stuff on this laptop, or well on anything and he would get pretty mad. He would also get really mad if something breaks, and that is why I am being pretty careful, so please understand. It's a typical life of a computer enthusiast who is really young and keeps doing technical stuff but his parents disapprove and think it's bad because they don't know much about computers. Like one day I asked how would I become a PC enthusiast without getting my hands dirty, and they replied that you are not at the correct age, which is against my hobby, and also I better actually go somewhere and maybe work part time at a PC repair shop or something to get experience, where in I will only learn how to say "I think there is a problem in the motherboard. It needs a replacement". Like not joking. I have actually fixed the stuff that multiple repair shops flagged it as a replacement.

So, is it okay forwarding the license? Would I have to use my gmail in the future to get my Office again?

Edit - I also removed OneDrive but is still installed?

Microsoft owns my soul.

Also, Dell is evil, but HP kinda nice.

26 minutes ago, Gat Pelsinger said:

1) The OOBE was skipped, but I think it is VMWare's easy install feature, because then how would my user account with my name would have been set up?

2) I need to login into a domain, rather than signing in into a local account. Now I don't know if this is a VMWare thing or my ISO thing, but I have to fix this before I actually install this ISO.

Turn all these features off and try again to see what is really happening with the setup process.

27 minutes ago, Gat Pelsinger said:

4) This is MS Office related. I know, who cares about Office, but I need to have it installed because people other than me use this PC. Now, I have the product key, but when I go to the login page, if I enter my own email (Gmail) which wasn't the one linked with the Office account, and proceed to the product key page, it says that the license will be forwarded to my email. Will this create any problems?.

This really depends on how Office was activated. 

31 minutes ago, Gat Pelsinger said:

3) I noticed my "@" key is not above the "2" key, but rather my ";" key. Is this some language thing I messed up, or again is it VMWare? I chose to only keep the English International language in my ISO. Also, I did install the advanced keyboard driver or whatever for VMWare and also all its drivers for Windows.

This feels like a keyboard language issue.

27 minutes ago, Gat Pelsinger said:

You would say, I could just use the email that was originally linked, but uh, how do I say this? That email is most likely my dad's email, and I cannot really ask him to login because uh, he doesn't like me doing technical stuff on this laptop, or well on anything and he would get pretty mad. He would also get really mad if something breaks, and that is why I am being pretty careful, so please understand. It's a typical life of a computer enthusiast who is really young and keeps doing technical stuff but his parents disapprove and think it's bad because they don't know much about computers. Like one day I asked how would I become a PC enthusiast without getting my hands dirty, and they replied that you are not at the correct age, which is against my hobby, and also I better actually go somewhere and maybe work part time at a PC repair shop or something to get experience, where in I will only learn how to say "I think there is a problem in the motherboard. It needs a replacement". Like not joking. I have actually fixed the stuff that multiple repair shops flagged it as a replacement.

I wouldn't touch systems that you shouldn't be here. Just play with your own systems.

I'm pretty sure this is a Linus alt account trolling, given previous posts

@whispous what? A goofy pfp and a cringe name doesn't make me a troll.

Microsoft owns my soul.

Also, Dell is evil, but HP kinda nice.