need to get right psu for my new pc

Go to solution Solved by Tetras,
23 minutes ago, kristinascott said:

and you say 1000W is the right choice correct?

550 is the right choice (pn: ROG-STRIX-550G).

You only need a 1000 watt PSU for a graphics card like a 4090 or 7900 XTX.

If it HAS to be one of the three, then whatever is the cheapest (unless there's a small price difference).

From what I can gather:

- The Thor 850 is the oldest of the three and does not have a PCIE5 12/16 pin cable.

- The Strix Aura is the newest and is fully ATX 3.0/PCI5 compatible. It has RGB, but no OLED. It is only Gold efficiency, the Thor is Platinum.

- The Thor 1000 is the second newest and like the 850, has an OLED display.

hello i want to upgrade my pc after 6 years and i choose my parts except for power supply.
i want to get psu from asus rog but i don't know i must choose 750-850-1000 watt.
any one can helping me choosing the right one for this system becase i dont want to do any future upgrade but after 5 to 6 years doing whole pc upgrade again.

IMPORTANT: I DON'T WANT TO USE THIS PC FOR GAMING ONLY WANT TO USE THIS PC FOR MY PROJECT AND MY WIFE JOB.

we use xbox for gaming so no gaming on this pc at all.
please explain to me why you choose that psu too.

part list:
AIO: ASUS ROG RYUO III 360 ARGB
CPU: AMD RYZEN 9 7900X
GPU: ASUS ROG Strix RTX-4060 
MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F GAMING WIFI DDR5 AM5 Motherboard
RAM: Patriot Viper Xtreme 5 RGB DDR5 32GB 2x16GB 8000MHz CL38 UDIMM Memory
SSD: 3X Patriot Viper VP4300 Lite M.2 2280 NVMe 2TB PCIe Gen4x4 SSD
CASE FAN: 6X ASUS ROG STRIX XF 120 Case Fan(want to replace those with original rad fan)and want to do push/pull.
KEYBOARD: ASUS ROG Claymore II Red Switch RGB Wireless Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
MICE: ASUS ROG Chakram Wireless Mouse
SLEEVE CABLE: LIAN LI Strimer Plus PW12 PV2 ARGB 3×8 Pin motherboard Extension Sleeve Cable
SLEEVE CABLE: LIAN LI Strimer Plus ARGB EXTENSION 24 pin Sleeve Cable
RISER CABLE: SilverStone Technology RC05 220mm Flexible PCIe 4.0 x16 
CASE: ASUS ROG Hyperion GR701

power supply:
1.ASUS ROG THOR 1000P2 GAMING Platinum
2.ASUS ROG STRIX 1000W Gold Aura Edition Full Modular Power Supply
3.ASUS ROG Thor 850 80+ Platinum 850W Fully Modular RGB Power Supply with LIVEDASH OLED Panel and 10 Year Warranty

im putting 2 different kind 1000W psu do i get confused which one is better and why.
i will appreciate your explanation.

3 minutes ago, kristinascott said:

i don't know i must choose 750-850-1000 watt

The 7900X and 4060 will have very modest power consumption, the 4060 is only ~120 watts, so your whole build is likely to be comfortably under 250 or so, even under full load. The original Asus Rog Strix PSU that starts at 550 watt (I think 1000 is the biggest size) would be sufficient.

wellt the platinum one of the 1000W ones is a bit more efficient, but for your build a 750W Model sould be sufficient and you could even get by with a 650 W PSU... so of the 3 options id go for the 850W one 

7 minutes ago, _Omega_ said:

wellt the platinum one of the 1000W ones is a bit more efficient, but for your build a 750W Model sould be sufficient and you could even get by with a 650 W PSU... so of the 3 options id go for the 850W one 

so for next 5 year 850 working well and no need to get more than that?

8 minutes ago, Tetras said:

The 7900X and 4060 will have very modest power consumption, the 4060 is only ~120 watts, so your whole build is likely to be comfortably under 250 or so, even under full load. The original Asus Rog Strix PSU that starts at 550 watt (I think 1000 is the biggest size) would be sufficient.

23 minutes ago, kristinascott said:

If it HAS to be one of the three, then whatever is the cheapest (unless there's a small price difference).

From what I can gather:

- The Thor 850 is the oldest of the three and does not have a PCIE5 12/16 pin cable.

- The Strix Aura is the newest and is fully ATX 3.0/PCI5 compatible. It has RGB, but no OLED. It is only Gold efficiency, the Thor is Platinum.

6 minutes ago, Tetras said:

From what I can gather:

id get 650W just to have some headroom