Moving the NFC reader?

Dequed

I recently moved over to a google pixel 6a for that sweet CalyxOS. I previously daily drove a moto x4 that was GREAT! especially with NFC, but now... with this pixel, the NFC is moved to the center of the phone, which presents difficulty in using my yubikey.

Is there a thin module that I could possibly sandwich between my phone case and the pixel? I want to move the NFC to any of the edges. I basically want a thin module that sits on the pixel's NFC location and one that allows me to NFC from either edge of the pixel.

The quick and easy solution would be a short usb cable in which you plug your yubikey in.

https://www.amazon.com/CLAVOOP-Extension-Extender-Compatible-Keyboard/dp/B0BVGZZSBX

Like this

or this depending on your model

https://www.amazon.com/Extension-Extender-0-65ft-Thunderbolt-Transfer/dp/B09VKZNS6Z/

Why try to modify your phone... when a cable can fix your issues. I'm sure there are shorter cables, too.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Welp, I had to re-arrange my keys that are in my keyport key case to accommodate google's OTG adapter that came with the phone. Hopefully, I don't lose it... like I did with another adapter I had before.

I much prefer moving the NFC though, no risk of losing the adapter. Luckily, the adapter that came with the phone seems to have good grip.

9 hours ago, Dequed said:

Welp, I had to re-arrange my keys that are in my keyport key case to accommodate google's OTG adapter that came with the phone. Hopefully, I don't lose it... like I did with another adapter I had before.

I much prefer moving the NFC though, no risk of losing the adapter. Luckily, the adapter that came with the phone seems to have good grip.

Just buy spare otg adapter and put it in your daily bag / wallet / something.

They're cheap enough

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.