Still can't find the perfect headphones

kingfurykiller

I've been running my Plantronics Backbeat Pro 2 SE for awhile; they are amazing except for 2 areas: ANC is a little weak and micro B charging. Otherwise, they support multipoint Bluetooth, wired connection, long battery life, very comfy, ANC controls, dedicated mute button, decent mic, and PHYSICAL buttons for volume, play/pause/skip/answer.

I am trying to find something that is as similar as possible. Infinite budget as this point. ANC is a must, USB type C is a must, wired and multi-point Bluetooth are essential, as is good battery life. I guess I'm going to have to give up on physical buttons but I will need to be able to fully customize them.

Anyone have any idea? I've looked across gaming, consumer, and enterprise headsets, nothing close.

Primary use cases would be listening to music and taking work calls while traveling.

Thanks in advance 

I mean, AKG N700NCM2 have everything you want, but they're no longer in production so finding a pair is difficult. If you want to go all out the T+A Solitaire T is the best pair of ANC headphones i've ever tried (really expensive but almost worth it) too many ANC headphones are switching to touch controls and touch controls absolutely suck

1 hour ago, Cocococo said:

I mean, AKG N700NCM2 have everything you want, but they're no longer in production so finding a pair is difficult. If you want to go all out the T+A Solitaire T is the best pair of ANC headphones i've ever tried (really expensive but almost worth it) too many ANC headphones are switching to touch controls and touch controls absolutely suck

I agree, all these touch controls drive me crazy. same with cars too. 

Does the AKG have type C charging? I couldn't quite tell

And yeah, I didn't really know the solitaire's price tier existed. Looks super cool but I'd be worried to travel with them

2 minutes ago, kingfurykiller said:

I agree, all these touch controls drive me crazy. same with cars too. 

Does the AKG have type C charging? I couldn't quite tell

And yeah, I didn't really know the solitaire's price tier existed. Looks super cool but I'd be worried to travel with them

Yeah the AKG's have Type-C charging, i've got a pair in the top drawer of my desk, whenever i travel on a train/ bus or the very rare flight the AKG's are what i always bring with me. Really hope AKG releases a N700NCM3 because the ANC headphone market needs a new king 

2 minutes ago, Cocococo said:

Yeah the AKG's have Type-C charging, i've got a pair in the top drawer of my desk, whenever i travel on a train/ bus or the very rare flight the AKG's are what i always bring with me. Really hope AKG releases a N700NCM3 because the ANC headphone market needs a new king 

Awesome! Thank you; I'm finding some listings and old reviews. The controls really are sealing it for me. Do they have on-head detection for auto play/pause?

2 minutes ago, kingfurykiller said:

Awesome! Thank you; I'm finding some listings and old reviews. The controls really are sealing it for me. Do they have on-head detection for auto play/pause?

There's no detection for play or pause, the ANC isn't as strong as something like the Dyson Zone or Sony XM3 (XM4 and 5 have "the same" level of ANC but XM3 have better isolation so in practice they cancel noise better) but frankly they're some of the best sounding wireless headphones out there (almost identical to AKG K361, that's high praise), surprisingly well built and most importantly (for me) the hinges don't catch long hair and said hinges aren't anywhere near as fragile as the stuff Sony uses in their foldable headphones. 

3 minutes ago, Cocococo said:

There's no detection for play or pause, the ANC isn't as strong as something like the Dyson Zone or Sony XM3 (XM4 and 5 have "the same" level of ANC but XM3 have better isolation so in practice they cancel noise better) but frankly they're some of the best sounding wireless headphones out there (almost identical to AKG K361, that's high praise), surprisingly well built and most importantly (for me) the hinges don't catch long hair and said hinges aren't anywhere near as fragile as the stuff Sony uses in their foldable headphones. 

That's very helpful. I'll see if I can get used to the lack of auto play/pause. And yeah a fragile headset is no good. Really helpful advice; I will probably buy some. Thank you!