PSU fan repeatedly blowing heavily then off

Ecrowe

I built a pc fairly recently, like a month or so. Everything has been working great and last night all was fine but I turn it on this morning and the psu fan blows super hard and stops then blows hard again. Everything works fine, temps are not high, load is not high. Tried turning on an intensive game and it still blew hard. Obviously is not full of dust as it is a month old. It is a Corsair RM750e. What is going on and do I need to replace it? That would be less than ideal.

3 minutes ago, Ecrowe said:

I built a pc fairly recently, like a month or so. Everything has been working great and last night all was fine but I turn it on this morning and the psu fan blows super hard and stops then blows hard again. Everything works fine, temps are not high, load is not high. Tried turning on an intensive game and it still blew hard. Obviously is not full of dust as it is a month old. It is a Corsair RM750e. What is going on and do I need to replace it? That would be less than ideal.

The RMe series from Corsair has had a lot of complaints about its loud fans. They are excellent PSU's but the fan is such a problem that people have returned their RMe series to get a better unit like the RMx or different brand.

Are you able to record the noise?  It might be louder than usual or broken.

18 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

The RMe series from Corsair has had a lot of complaints about its loud fans. They are excellent PSU's but the fan is such a problem that people have returned their RMe series to get a better unit like the RMx or different brand.

This is partially new to me, I can’t hear the hissing normally, i just hear the loud fan noise. But this sounds bad tbh

On 2/3/2024 at 2:14 PM, Hinjima said:

Not that I expected it to change anything anyways but unplugging everything from psu and back in did not change anything lol. Also am getting stuff ready to use the warranty but would much rather simply fix it so that I don't have to disassemble everything and reassemble it.

6 minutes ago, Ecrowe said:

Not that I expected it to change anything anyways but unplugging everything from psu and back in did not change anything lol. Also am getting stuff ready to use the warranty but would much rather simply fix it so that I don't have to disassemble everything and reassemble it.

If its pulsating like that constantly like you show in the video then something is not right.

For me that would be an RMA.

54 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

If its pulsating like that constantly like you show in the video then something is not right.

For me that would be an RMA.

Yeah it is a drastic change from what it usually is so is definitely worrisome. Can you tell me a little about what an RMA is? I'm not experienced in this stuff. Thanks for getting back to me, I appreciate it!