Fixing a Broken ALL-IN-ONE

Go to solution Solved by Bismut,
31 minutes ago, jaslion said:

No this is bascally a laptop inside it doesnt have a display out cept for a 30ish pin connector for the display as far as I can find

I guess you could try looking for a 30pin eGPU screen and just connect that? It would be janky and honestly not worth it, I would scrap the thing or try to turn it into a server, if you could use it as such.

I have a Dell Inspiron , it fell from the top of a table and now its display is broken , the system doesn't have any HDMI or VGA ports and there are service centers saying they cant get the display for it or they are saying they could get me ₹500 for the system . Third part service centers are asking ₹10,000 for a brand new display which would make no sense to spend that kind of money considering that I brought the system for ₹20,000. I am currently using a highly unstable Type A to VGA Cable which needs the Software running always and as the computer is slow sometimes the software doesnt even run on startup which I should again run manually from the broken display (only the top left part of the monitor is visible). Do you guys know any way for me to fix this?

Besides a new display no

This is a very old very weak system so I'd not spend any money on it and just replace

Sucks you spent so much on this as it has the specs of a system from like 17 years ago

20 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Besides a new display no

This is a very old very weak system so I'd not spend any money on it and just replace

Sucks you spent so much on this as it has the specs of a system from like 17 years ago

It was a system I brought 5 years ago, but I came across this forum recently so I thought I could try fixing it again after it being broken a year ago, besides I got it for cheap 

4 minutes ago, King Prithvi said:

It was a system I brought 5 years ago, but I came across this forum recently so I thought I could try fixing it again after it being broken a year ago, besides I got it for cheap 

Yeah the screen costs more than a used one so I'd say its too expensive to fix

4 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Yeah the screen costs more than a used one so I'd say its too expensive to fix

There is no way for me to use an external display other than the USB A to VGA I have been usng?

12 minutes ago, King Prithvi said:

There is no way for me to use an external display other than the USB A to VGA I have been usng?

No this is bascally a laptop inside it doesnt have a display out cept for a 30ish pin connector for the display as far as I can find

31 minutes ago, jaslion said:

I guess you could try looking for a 30pin eGPU screen and just connect that? It would be janky and honestly not worth it, I would scrap the thing or try to turn it into a server, if you could use it as such.

Trans Rights!
Please tag me or use the "reply" function so I get a notification

I will find your Laptop thread and I will recommend an ITX build instead

Sure would be neat if there was something useful here, eh?

40 minutes ago, Bismut said:

Yeah its basically junknas these shipped with a pentium j3710 a super low end chip that compares to a higher clocked core 2 duo basically not even something youd wanna use for a minecraft server really

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/3/2024 at 2:34 PM, Bismut said:

I'll try this I'll try to find a cheap LED screen