Need advice!

Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,
6 minutes ago, Meerrkkoo said:

I wouldn't say it is struggling with anything.

I would just wait until you start having it struggle with stuff. If the system is already meeting your needs, you don't really need it to be any faster, and spending the time to save up enough to get a full new system by the time it is struggling makes more sense IMO, especially since PC parts overall get faster for the same price overtime, so money spent 2-3 years down the line is much better spent than it is today when you won't really notice the difference. 

Besides, if you were to upgrade now, it's hard to pick what to upgrade. I wouldn't want to get a faster GPU without both a faster CPU and a better PSU, and neither of those parts on their own will give that much of an uplift (the faster CPU might, but not likely enough to matter outside of a handful of games). I wouldn't want to upgrade the RAM unless you get a new CPU, a motherboard upgrade would only make sense if you do the RAM, CPU, and PSU at the same time, and so on. The only thing that might make sense to buy now is storage, and even then that only makes sense to get if you're running out of storage currently. 

Budget (including currency): Open

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Everything. 

I am trying to upgrade my PC but I don't know what to upgrade first. I would prefer to upgrade one part at time. 

Any suggestions? I would greatly appreciate it!

I run two monitors. I use it for gaming and work. 

Below is my current build. 

Current Build

CPU:     AMD Ryzen 5 2400G 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor

Motherboard:    ASRock B450M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard

Memory:     Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory

Storage:     Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200 RPM Internal Hard Drive

Storage:     Samsung 860 Evo 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Video Card:     ASRock Phantom Gaming X Radeon RX 590 8 GB Video Card

Power Supply:     EVGA 500 BR 500 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

Thank you!

13 minutes ago, Meerrkkoo said:

am trying to upgrade my PC but I don't know what to upgrade first

What's your system struggling with? 

Realistically, this system is fairly balanced, and if I were in your situation I'd try to just build a whole new system and either resell this one or use it for something else. 

1 hour ago, RONOTHAN## said:

What's your system struggling with? 

Realistically, this system is fairly balanced, and if I were in your situation I'd try to just build a whole new system and either resell this one or use it for something else. 

I wouldn't say it is struggling with anything. I am just trying to get into the higher end of gaming and was thinking it was better to just upgrade some parts. 

But you are saying it is fairly balanced then maybe I just might start fresh. 

6 minutes ago, Meerrkkoo said:

I wouldn't say it is struggling with anything.

I would just wait until you start having it struggle with stuff. If the system is already meeting your needs, you don't really need it to be any faster, and spending the time to save up enough to get a full new system by the time it is struggling makes more sense IMO, especially since PC parts overall get faster for the same price overtime, so money spent 2-3 years down the line is much better spent than it is today when you won't really notice the difference. 

Besides, if you were to upgrade now, it's hard to pick what to upgrade. I wouldn't want to get a faster GPU without both a faster CPU and a better PSU, and neither of those parts on their own will give that much of an uplift (the faster CPU might, but not likely enough to matter outside of a handful of games). I wouldn't want to upgrade the RAM unless you get a new CPU, a motherboard upgrade would only make sense if you do the RAM, CPU, and PSU at the same time, and so on. The only thing that might make sense to buy now is storage, and even then that only makes sense to get if you're running out of storage currently.