Almost no Android games actually support 120hz/fps, despite websites claiming they do

kasdashd

I've tested 100's of Android games, which are all on lists online titled "games that support 120fps". Only a handful, at most, actually do. I can feel it by the smoothness of the gameplay, and my fps and refresh rate counters also drop from 120 to 60 the moment I enter most games. So please all write to the developers of these mobile games, and send feedback that you want 120 fps support for your favorite games, so mobile games can actually become decent to play.

I don't care about battery life and overheating, It's my phone, and I wanna play the games I want without any limits, which means unlimited fps, graphics options, full refresh rate support, and so on, just like on PC.

11 minutes ago, kasdashd said:

I can feel it by the smoothness of the gameplay, and my fps and refresh rate counters also drop from 120 to 60 the moment I enter most games.

Didja try checking the settings? I doubt mobile games default to 120hz. The only 120hz-supporting game I've tried is Genshin Impact, had to go into the settings to enable that, doesn't default to it. Wouldn't shock me if the devs restrict the option to only certain phones too (for reference I have an iPhone 13 Pro Max). 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

I have. I've downloaded all these 100's of games, and checked the settings in all of them. In Minecraft pocket edition for instance, there is an fps slider you can toggle to unlimited fps, which actually might be working properly, but if the refresh rate is still capped at only 60hz, it doesn't matter, cause I can't feel it during gameplay.

real racing 3 might support 120fps. not many games will feel smoother than 60 especially 3rd person games. no benefit other than twitch fps and racing games. cod might support 120. 

but with ios its locked to 30....i think what your experiencing is 30fps blues and the IOS if your using that is the culprit. they are not making many ios 120fps or even 60fps games. if your getting 60fps on real racing 3 I think you need to troubleshoot further with google

We are not your personal army that you can command around and go "now, everyone should write to these developers because I am unsatisfied with their product".

Do you have any examples of these hundreds of games you have tried so that we can check for ourselves?

i helped out with what i could, but yes it's a bit of a ridiculus request to get us to find out what games run at 120fps and troubleshoot an unknown game. any games in particular that you would like to see at 120fps? and if all we can do is google why are you getting us to google for you, it would save a step or two if you just search a games info, I know its against forum rules but really?