Would love to see add-ons products on Amazon.

Was just thinking, would be nice to get bit sets, the extension shaft for the screwdriver, or other small add-on items on amazon. Seems like a good way to snag a few extra dollars from someone who might otherwise skip an item like that, but then may grab it later.

I don't really want to pay all this shipping for a bit set, so I end up waiting until I may buy something else with it, in the case of ltt stuff, its not like I am buying a new screwdriver every weekend, so it is usually a long time between.

Just a thought.

If your question is answered, mark it so.  | It's probably just coil whine, and it is probably just fine |   LTT Movie Club!

Read the docs. If they don't exist, write them. | Professional Thread Derailer

Desktop: i7-8700K, RTX 2080, 16G 3200Mhz, EndeavourOS(host), win10 (VFIO), Fedora(VFIO)

Server: ryzen 9 5900x, GTX 970, 64G 3200Mhz, Unraid.

If they could sell the add-ons on Amazon and reduce shipping costs, they'd sell everything on Amazon.

7 minutes ago, AbsoluteWoo said:

If they could sell the add-ons on Amazon and reduce shipping costs, they'd sell everything on Amazon.

That would be an interesting question. How easy is it to get your stuff warehoused by Amazon? I hate that company, but I have never bought anything LTT because shipping is so bloody expensive and I can imagine others feel similarly. It would make the most sense for add-ons, given that you would have to spend another 20USD to ship your 10, 20USD order.

Trans Rights!
Please tag me or use the "reply" function so I get a notification

I will find your Laptop thread and I will recommend an ITX build instead

Sure would be neat if there was something useful here, eh?

1 minute ago, Bismut said:

That would be an interesting question. How easy is it to get your stuff warehoused by Amazon? I hate that company, but I have never bought anything LTT because shipping is so bloody expensive and I can imagine others feel similarly. It would make the most sense for add-ons, given that you would have to spend another 20USD to ship your 10, 20USD order.

I don't know specifics but I asked the question a few months back and was told the difference in cost to the customer in the end would be pretty much 0.

Just now, AbsoluteWoo said:

I don't know specifics but I asked the question a few months back and was told the difference in cost to the customer in the end would be pretty much 0.

That sounds unreasonable. Linus claimed multiple times that the shipping costs are as high as they are to keep them sorta level, so that people in New Zealand or so do not have to pay hundreds of dollars. If that is true, and the excess money is not being pocketed, they should be able to have Amazon deal with their stuff, right? It would not make sense if not, because that would mean that people pay over 20USD per Item stocked and shipped by Amazon, which makes 0 sense. I might understand 5USD or so, but that would still be cheaper than the current shipping prices.

Trans Rights!

1 hour ago, AbsoluteWoo said:

i know they have thought through. I am just saying, I, would appreciate it.

I think a benefit of amazon is that you can use their fulfillment, if they can ship their small items in bulk to amazon and use amazon to do last mile and fulfillment it might be worth it.

edit: I am sure its very expensive, logistically, to ship an order of just a sticker pack, or a bit set for ltt.

but it would be a way to sell some of those likely lower volume items that people likely skip unless they already happen to make a big order.

If your question is answered, mark it so.  | It's probably just coil whine, and it is probably just fine |   LTT Movie Club!

Read the docs. If they don't exist, write them. | Professional Thread Derailer

Desktop: i7-8700K, RTX 2080, 16G 3200Mhz, EndeavourOS(host), win10 (VFIO), Fedora(VFIO)

Server: ryzen 9 5900x, GTX 970, 64G 3200Mhz, Unraid.

Here's Linus' reply to Amazon question. It has been answered by Linus/staff again in different forms since then too 

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Here's Linus' reply to Amazon question. It has been answered by Linus/staff again in different forms since then too 

Did a classy "read" through the comments and I honestly do not get it. There are distributors they could partner with and even shipping from Germany to Canada is REALLY cheap, compared to the other way around. There might be some tax breaks for businesses in Canada, but I do know that German businesses get cheaper shipping as well.

And I would be okay with having a "backorder warehouse" where you would order something and might have to wait for a while, or a warehouse that only has items that sell well in European markets. There are ways of trialing it, but I do understand that it would also encur some amount of annoying legal things (especially if you do anything in Germany - good luck literally sending faxes), taxation complications and such. I feel like it would be worth it with the amount of additional customers that are happier because of quicker deliveries and so on.

3 hours ago, Takumidesh said:

edit: I am sure its very expensive, logistically, to ship an order of just a sticker pack, or a bit set for ltt.

but it would be a way to sell some of those likely lower volume items that people likely skip unless they already happen to make a big order.

That is likely a big part of the shipping cost for those items, literally just someone picking up a sticker pack, putting it in an envelope and printing the recipients adress onto it. One of the reasons robots are so interesting for that, it is kinda boring and expensive.

Edited by Bismut
2nd part

Trans Rights!

3 minutes ago, Bismut said:

Did a classy "read" through the comments and I honestly do not get it. There are distributors they could partner with and even shipping from Germany to Canada is REALLY cheap, compared to the other way around. There might be some tax breaks for businesses in Canada, but I do know that German businesses get cheaper shipping as well.

That answer is specifically for Amazon or using Amazon for more variety than just few SKUs. For European partner, I'm pretty sure it was mentioned on WAN etc. that they are in talks with European distributor.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

That answer is specifically for Amazon or using Amazon for more variety than just few SKUs. For European partner, I'm pretty sure it was mentioned on WAN etc. that they are in talks with European distributor.

Oh dang, okay. I think I remember them having some stuff on Amazon in the past, simply because of discoverability?
A European distributor sounds interesting, but I stopped listening to WAN after the incident with GN and Linus response to it, so I have not heard about that until now.

Trans Rights!