Request - Archive product pages, not delete them.

Hi Team,

Right now products get deleted from the website after being sold out, plenty of people like to keep the products on the store. 

they don't have to be under the actual products, you can have a seperate archive page for it. 

websites like Limited Run Games and Super Rare Games run on shopify and have separate pages for old products, archives.

so it is not listed with the products that are still in stock, and links to the products remain intact. 

It is really annoying when you order a product and see the product page being deleted even though the product itself has not even shiped yet. 

Also any links on the internet to the product do not work anymore which just looks unprofessional tbh.

if you do choose to archive instead of delete it would be great if old products pages could be restored.

Thanks. 

Yeah, I wanted to read the presale info for the Breadasauras shirt, but the page was deleted even though the package hadn't been sent(or it hadn't arrived unsure). which is quite frustrating, not being able to see the product information anymore. yes you can use the Wayback machine but that shouldn't be necessary, so I'd love for them to implement something like this. 

High chance of message being edited, mostly to add clarification or fix typos.

+1 from me, strongly agree the pages should be archived in some fashion rather than removed entirely. Among other reasons (some already stated above):

• Ability for people waiting on a presale item to go back and check the date their presale item is meant to ship
  • Ability for owners of now-discontinued items to go back and see the product description/specs/care instructions (the labels can wear off or be removed)/etc.
  • Preservation of product details/photos in general, helps people to know what's out there, can help with buying/selling items secondhand (For example, I had to make a pretty intense effort to try and determine what a Swacket v1 looks like. Someone was selling a v2 secondhand and thought it was a v1 and I helped them to correct their listing, they genuinely had no idea which one they had, and had no point of reference for the v1.)

• Just cause! I know some of us would love to go back just to browse the old products for nostalgia reasons, and it would be a kind of public portfolio of what LTT/Creator Warehouse has released in the past!

It could be a totally separate collection or category to keep them from showing up alongside the current stuff and to allow for it to be made clear it's a product archive, of items that are not planned to be restocked.