HP Z2 Mini G9 won’t POST, no beep codes :(

NickKz

Hoping there are some HP experts that can chime in with some tips…

Is there anything else I can do here?

Support wants to send an onsite tech to repair it but the motherboard is out of stock, could take months to get here… 

I have disconnected everything except a USB keyboard.  

I tried both taking the OEM ram out and replacing it with something else, no change.  Tried removing all the RAM as well, nothing.  No beep codes.  

I do not have a spare CPU to try, but the CPU heatsink is warm to the touch, if that means anything.

I’ve also tried long pressing (30 seconds) the power button, no change. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W2gFysOYIZRzcAAZK47F3DZroQzs1NR-/view?usp=drivesdk

Just now, jaslion said:

Were you the guy with the ssds?

Did ya do some ssd swapping?

This actually happened before that, but I had already placed the order for the drives 😢.  They won’t fit anyway, had to return them.  Heatsinks were wayyy too tall.

Sounds like a dead board. if it's under warranty I'd wait for HP if it's not time sensitive. Otherwise, you may be able to order the board yourself by getting one off of ebay. If there are no signs of life whatsoever, no lights or power or fans spinning it could also be the PSU which is also most likely proprietary and you'd have to wait for HP or order one off an aftermarket used part site. 

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

Just got an email today, their BEST estimate is early April for a new motherboard 

Just fkn shoot me if I ever think about buying another HP product ever again