7800x3d integrated graphics timeout Do I got a faulty CPU??

System Spects

motherboard asus rog strix b650 a gaiming wifi

ram Team Group 6000 mhz CL30

windows 11 

monitor samsung g65b 240 refresh rate monitor

GPU i had 7900 xtx i removed it and issues still happens never had a problem with the card the 7800x3d integrated graphics is what crashes usually I noticed its by using google chrome I disable hardware acelaration I will let know if that help my question is. Is there anyone else having this issue with the processor I read people having it with gpu not the cpu like me is my 7800x3d faulty should i do a RMA tomorrow?

forgot to mention no over cloking on gpu the cpu I only have enabled on the bios the  precision boots overdrive which is amd safe overclocking I also want to point out that before i had 7700x never had this issue with integrated graphis also i did a fresh windows reinstall from 0 to see if that would fix the issue and it did not i got latest amd drivers and bios from asus 

also i noticed GPU utilizarion on 7800x3d integrated graphics spike to 99 to 100 percent with system at idle or just doing basic staff am I only one having this issues i also tested ram its seems stable I run windows tool for that no error codes

Reset the BIOS (to remove any overclocking, since I can't be certain what you touched) and DDU your display drivers (and install them fresh). 

Then re-evaluate. 

PBO can lead to pretty random crashes, so resetting BIOS will be a first step 🙂

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

hi thanks for the response I DDU my display drivers I dont even know how many times now on safe mode I disable windows generic driver install them install amd drivers didnt do anything on the bios I only have enabled expo ,precision boost over drive and resisible bar ram seems stable i guess maybe try to disable presision boost over driver or just reset bios to facotry settings I also noticed my processor sometimes hits 5.1 ghz then goes back to normal which is above amd max frequiency for 7800x3d

3 hours ago, PDifolco said:

PBO can lead to pretty random crashes, so resetting BIOS will be a first step 🙂

thanks guys I would do just that so far disabling hardware acceleration on chrome has helped no crush so far while using chrome which is where it always happens

Hi guys did everything you guys told me nothing work i am gonna get a new processor and let you know how it does this one is probably damaged i dont think its normal to have 99 percent integrated graphics usage while idle not doing anything and with a picture background the processor also sometimes dosent even show temps or frequency on ryzen master nor adrenaline software thanks for everything

15 hours ago, ablaze_kratos5 said:

hi thanks for the response I DDU my display drivers I dont even know how many times now on safe mode I disable windows generic driver install them install amd drivers didnt do anything on the bios I only have enabled expo ,precision boost over drive and resisible bar ram seems stable i guess maybe try to disable presision boost over driver or just reset bios to facotry settings I also noticed my processor sometimes hits 5.1 ghz then goes back to normal which is above amd max frequiency for 7800x3d

Try not using expo , were trying to work the 0roblem so we likit the variables as much as we can, expo modifies the voltages so can be a cause of the issue.

Also the reason it's going to 5.1ghz is because of PBO so just do a bios reset then leave it as is to see if the problem persists.

It's no good reseting the bios then changing a bunch of stuff.

CPU : Ryzen 7 7800X3D @ -18mv all core except -13mv on Core 5 because its a pig.

CPU Cooler : Deepcool AK620 Zero Dark

Mobo : MSI B650M-A Wifi MATX

Ram : 32GB (2X16GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000MHZ CL34

GPU : Reference Design RX7900XT sold by Saphire running at 1050MV undervolt and +15% PL (355w)

Storage : 1TB WD SN770 + 2TB Samsung 970 Evo

PSU : Corsair HX750w Platinum

Case : Asus Prime AP201 All Mesh MATX

Case Fans : Arctic p12's everywhere i can fit them in , 7 In total.

Monitor : LG 27GP850-B.BEK 1440p Nano IPS 180Hz

Keyboard : HyperX Alloy Core RGB

Mouse : Corsair M65 Elite RGB

Headset : Corsair HS35 Gaming Headset

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to bring this back up, did you ever get this fixed in the end? Built a near identical PC to yours and also having the weird Stutter/Lag/Freezing issues. On the latest BIOS and drivers, already reset the BIOS, turned EXPO on and off etc... Nothing's helped so far. Starting to think it's either a CPU or motherboard issue.

Hi brother only way i was able to fix it was by ddu amd driver then installing driver only when using amd update app from their website seems its a problem with 7800x3d and adrenaline software issue got fixed sometimes there is just a slight reset but it dosent timeout anymore amd drives are bad as usual

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, tried that and unfortunately hasn't helped. Must be an issue with the CPU or motherboard at this point I think. Will reach out to where I bought them from and see if they have some kind of trade option where I can try a different CPU first before deciding it's the motherboard at fault.

• 4 weeks later...

Burty was you able to fix your issues was it your motherboard mine is fix now with the steps I told you guys before by the way before i had 7700x never had this issue until swapping to the 7800x3d pretty sure its an amd problem not my parts

No unfortunately not, We DDU'ed the drivers and installed just the basic driver, didn't help, I've tried a range of things:

- Removed EXPO profile for RAM back to default

- Undervolted

- Overclocked

- Turned off TPM

- Updated the BIOS to the latest
- Reinstalled Windows 11 fresh with latest drivers for everything

- Tried different network cards

- Tried single stick of RAM in each Slot

Nothing has worked, Motherboard is going back next week for an RMA and lets see if a different motherboard does the trick.

• 2 weeks later...

Update on this: Replaced motherboard, no different, I managed to get hold of a different graphics card (3060Ti).

Bloody fixed it...

So once again, for the third time in the past 4 years, I've learnt the hard way, don't bother with AMD GPU's, they're just a buggy mess.

I've tried literally everything as well, Driver Only install, Full suite installs, overclock, undervolt, cleaning the GPU (new paste and pads) re-installing Windows 11 completely fresh, trying different driver versions, everything I can possibly think of.

I've really given it a go here as when the 7600 isn't stuttering for seconds at a time, it runs really nicely, performs really well. It's a solid card, it just doesn't reliably work.