MacOS, Linux, and Windows

Hi!
I currently have a Mac from 2019 with an intel i3 (8th gen i believe) that is running windows 11 and mac, with windows through boot camp. I am planning to add kali linux to the mix. I already have a bootable flash drive with kali linux on it, as well as a partition (25 gigs) from the windows partition. Currently, that partition is not popping up in kali, and, once it did,but then it wouldn’t boot since it didn’t detect the flash drive anymore. Pls advise

Does the flash drive show up in the OS when booted? Do you have a different flash drive to try?

When you say it doesn't show the partition, is this in the installer? Does the disk show up in the terminal? 

19 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Does the flash drive show up in the OS when booted? Do you have a different flash drive to try?

When you say it doesn't show the partition, is this in the installer? Does the disk show up in the terminal? 

It shows up named as EFI Boot. Yes, I do have different flash drives. It doesn’t show the partition in the kali linux installer. The disk does show up in the terminal but just as one not with the partition of 25 gigs I made.

1 minute ago, Crazyhawk said:

It shows up named as EFI Boot. Yes, I do have different flash drives. It doesn’t show the partition in the kali linux installer. The disk does show up in the terminal but just as one not with the partition of 25 gigs I made.

Does it boot if you select EFI boot? You probably want to be using EFI for this install.

Can you list the partitions in the terminal with lsblk? Does that show all of the partitions?

2 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Does it boot if you select EFI boot? You probably want to be using EFI for this install.

Can you list the partitions in the terminal with lsblk? Does that show all of the partitions?

It does boot, and it is set to EFI boot. On mac os sonoma, it shows 2 partitions, One 100 Gb and another 110 Gb. On windows it shows an extra 25 gig partition but with windows having 75 gigs.