Is the iphone 15 pro max camera what it's cracked up to be? Help :D

So ive finally decided to buy a new phone to upgrade my old and falling to pieces iphone 8 plus and have been looking at the iphone 15 pro max and the samsung s24 ultra. Unfortunately when it comes to contracting a device the samsung s24 ultra is £48 with a basic sim and the iphone 15 pro max is £36 so in terms of price I would say the s24 ultra is out of my bracket despite it seemingly having a better camera (not sure if that is the case as each review and sets of test photos I have seen seem to be mixed).

As I was trying to figure out if the iphone 15 pro max cameras were any good I came across countless threads on reddit, apple forums and other places of people complaining about the phone apparently having focus issues, low light performance being terrible, it having a lot of noise both in good and poor lighting situations and it being worse than even the iphone xs, yet within the same threads there are tonnes of people saying their camera is fine and is performing as expected (most of these were from 2023). Of course you can only expect so much out of a phone camera but i was just wondering if anybody has had any first hand experience using the phone and if they have had any of these issues or if the camera works as they would expect? 

Apologies for the messy post im quite tired xD, 

Ty for the help in advance,

Lex.