do mobo over 200$ give any perfomance boost if not overclocking for i7 k processors

do mobo over 200$ give any perfomance boost if not overclocking for i7 k processors

Generally speaking yes, the more pricey components on higher end boards can 

-provide more, and cleaner power

-have better uefi implementations 

-better options for cooling/ control of cooling which in tern helps control overclocking temps. 

They can also be more stable to run, with better i/o sometimes. Also good itx/matx boards can cost more because of the need to meet the form factor size limitations 

All of that said they are definitely boards on the market which are expensive because of looks branding, lighting or features like excessive heatsinks covering most of the board. 

So it all really depends on the board you're looking at. $180~ usd is where i usually begin looking for a board these days to get a good mix of everything. 

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

Not necessarily. Motherboards only affect performance in two ways: memory clock speed capability and VRM quality. 

Memory clock speed capabilities do vary from one board to another, where some can run memory speeds much higher than another (Z690 Aorus Elite AX vs. Z790 Apex Encore, for instance). Granted, on 13th/14th gen Intel (the only situation currently where it can sense to buy a $200+ motherboard for an i7), the difference between CPU memory controllers is large enough that you're likely to have a bigger difference from one CPU to another over one board to another, and if you're not overclocking memory you'll be going for speeds that should always work anyway like 6400 CL32. 

As for the VRM quality, if the motherboard is too abhorrently bad, you can run into something known as power throttling, where the motherboard's power delivery overheat because the CPU is drawing too much power and therefore limits the CPU clocks to keep the motherboard from catching fire. You can get boards for as low as $130 that have a good enough VRM though with boards like the B760M PG Riptide, so while $200+ boards have better VRMs, it's not really necessary. 

1 hour ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Not necessarily. Motherboards only affect performance in two ways: memory clock speed capability and VRM quality. 

Memory clock speed capabilities do vary from one board to another, where some can run memory speeds much higher than another (Z690 Aorus Elite AX vs. Z790 Apex Encore, for instance). Granted, on 13th/14th gen Intel (the only situation currently where it can sense to buy a $200+ motherboard for an i7), the difference between CPU memory controllers is large enough that you're likely to have a bigger difference from one CPU to another over one board to another, and if you're not overclocking memory you'll be going for speeds that should always work anyway like 6400 CL32. 

As for the VRM quality, if the motherboard is too abhorrently bad, you can run into something known as power throttling, where the motherboard's power delivery overheat because the CPU is drawing too much power and therefore limits the CPU clocks to keep the motherboard from catching fire. You can get boards for as low as $130 that have a good enough VRM though with boards like the B760M PG Riptide, so while $200+ boards have better VRMs, it's not really necessary. 

how do ram work in 8000mhz if the processor max is 

Up to DDR5 5600 MT/s

will it work on 5600 mhz if added to 14 gen cpu

isnt better to get a cheaper 5600 kit ? in that case

8 minutes ago, 220VoltsallCore said:

how do ram work in 8000mhz if the processor max is 

Up to DDR5 5600 MT/s

The 5600MT/s is more for RMA purposes than it is a useful spec. What it means is that if your CPU can't run speeds above 5600MT/s, you can't use that as an excuse to RMA your CPU. In practice though, 6400MT/s should work on basically every 13th/14th gen CPU with 2x16/2x24GB DIMMs, and the best of the best can do speeds of 8400+. If you're going for more RAM, lower speeds should be expected.

Personally, my 13700K has booted and run some benchmarks at speeds over 8400MT/s, though in practice for full stability 7200MT/s is the highest reasonably achievable speed and 7800MT/s is the highest achievable speed with a lot of effort, at least on my Z690 Unify-X. My chip from what I've seen is slightly above average IMC wise, so you might have an easier time hitting higher speeds, or might not get anywhere close to me. 

16 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

I managed to get 7800MT/s on Z790 Aorus Elite AX although it's not entirely stable (performs as expected though).

It's kind of strange because the timings and voltages seem to be precise or critical and it will no longer work if I for example go down to 7600 MT/s, or adjust any voltage by as little as 0.005V. I need to experiment more with the voltages and timings and do the overclocking in a more systematic way.

I wonder if this kind of criticality effect is related to the motherboard or if it's inevitable when going to memory frequencies that high.

1 minute ago, noname8365 said:

I managed to get 7800MT/s on Z790 Aorus Elite AX although it's not entirely stable (performs as expected though).

It's kind of strange because the timings and voltages seem to be precise or critical and it will no longer work if I for example go down to 7600 MT/s, or adjust any voltage by as little as 0.005V. I need to experiment more with the voltages and timings and do the overclocking in a more systematic way.

I wonder if this kind of criticality effect is related to the motherboard or if it's inevitable when going to memory frequencies that high.

Yeah, all of what you describe is about what I'd expect from going for that high a frequency. On older BIOS revisions of my current board, there were voltage settings that were 100% stable at 7600MT/s but unstable at 6400 and wouldn't even boot at 6000MT/s. The only thing you're missing is the memory controller being bipolar, sometimes training and being completely stable, other times it will error after 24 hours of stress tests. 

You got really lucky with that CPU though, getting much above 7200 is pretty impressive on that board. My guess is if you put your CPU on an Apex or some other 1DPC board (maybe the upcoming Z790MPower from MSI) you'd be able to get at least DDR5 8400 stable. 

18 hours ago, 220VoltsallCore said:

Can you define what you mean by "performance"? Do you mean like... FPS, or?

6 hours ago, Tetras said:

Can you define what you mean by "performance"? Do you mean like... FPS, or?

fps and blender like that

23 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

The 5600MT/s is more for RMA purposes than it is a useful spec. What it means is that if your CPU can't run speeds above 5600MT/s, you can't use that as an excuse to RMA your CPU. In practice though, 6400MT/s should work on basically every 13th/14th gen CPU with 2x16/2x24GB DIMMs, and the best of the best can do speeds of 8400+. If you're going for more RAM, lower speeds should be expected.

Personally, my 13700K has booted and run some benchmarks at speeds over 8400MT/s, though in practice for full stability 7200MT/s is the highest reasonably achievable speed and 7800MT/s is the highest achievable speed with a lot of effort, at least on my Z690 Unify-X. My chip from what I've seen is slightly above average IMC wise, so you might have an easier time hitting higher speeds, or might not get anywhere close to me. 

Will XMP rams work on amd cpus?

https://www.amazon.in/CORSAIR-Vengeance-1x16GB-5200MHz-CMK16GX5M1B5200C40/dp/B0BKR2S4F1/ref=sr_1_3?crid=14BFKGN973IIO&keywords=ddr5+ram&qid=1706417478&sprefix=ddr5+ram%2Caps%2C231&sr=8-3

2 hours ago, 220VoltsallCore said:

Yeah, it should work, but you really should aim for a dual channel kit (2x16GB) and something like 6000 CL30/32 or 6400 CL32 for the speed. 

Edited by RONOTHAN##
Didn't see the "AMD CPUs" tag

6 hours ago, 220VoltsallCore said:

fps and blender like that

I see.

FPS: pretty much no.

Blender: possibly, it depends on the VRM. I wouldn't expect a Z690 or Z790 to throttle much (if at all) with an i7, but a low-end B660/B760 motherboard or H610 could, in which case you'd lose some performance in long-run workloads.