Alan Wake 2 stutter issue?

Mando772004
Go to solution Solved by SpookyCitrus,
9 minutes ago, Mando772004 said:

yes that is what i mean,  split second stutter. its not freezing at all. maybe i described it wrong, i noticed it happens in certain animations and when loading a new scene. I feel like everygame nowadays has those microstutters like its almost like you can never avoid it, its fine but you know when you have high end hardware such stuff make you second guess that hardware but it turns out in the end to be a game issue

I've been gaming at an enthusiast level for years, no matter how beefy of a PC you have some games just have little quirks or optimization issues you can't avoid, no matter how high end of hardware you have. The game is also fairly new, with there still being two DLC expansions coming later this year I'm sure we'll get some quality of life updates later on down the road. I'd also like to state that turning the game settings down in a couple areas could relieve those stutters or at least help a little bit, some things in the game don't necessarily need to be maxed out in order to get the best fidelity. Like any game, graphically speaking some settings on high compared to ultra have no visual difference but can impact performance quite a bit. If it's just the micro stutters when loading new areas i.e. when you first start the game and Saga exits the car at Cauldron Lake and it stutters loading the car texture, I think that's just a game bug. Hopefully they'll get those ironed out in a future update.

Im only making this forum to ask if anyone who has played alan wake 2 and finished it on pc, has experienced any occasional stutters. They dont happen alot and theyre not gamebreaking, basically some scenes it would stutter and when i would die and replay that same scene it would stutter the same way at the same part so im guessing its a game issue but i just wanna make sure, my hardware seems fine as ive done extensive tests and got no errors. Settings used were 4K pretty much everything maxed out with path tracing, FrameGeneration and DLSS set to Quality. Again they arent horrible or gamebreaking its just some parts and then it like goes away, as if it was loading something. It isnt thermal throttling whether its gpu or cpu cuz both never exceed 60/65c

Computer specs? I've played through it twice and haven't had any noticeable stutters. Max settings, pathtracing and all that as well, but I'm running 1440p. I did have issues where I'd get crashing and stutters when it first came out and in some other DX12/UE5 games. That was due to an issue with 13th gen and 14th gen CPUs, there's a widespread issues where most owners of them have had to downclock their P cores to get it to function smoothly. So that could be an issue if you have a 13th or 14th Gen Intel processor.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

45 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Computer specs? I've played through it twice and haven't had any noticeable stutters. Max settings, pathtracing and all that as well, but I'm running 1440p. I did have issues where I'd get crashing and stutters when it first came out and in some other DX12/UE5 games. That was due to an issue with 13th gen and 14th gen CPUs, there's a widespread issues where most owners of them have had to downclock their P cores to get it to function smoothly. So that could be an issue if you have a 13th or 14th Gen Intel processor.

RTX 4090

7950X3D

32GB ram 5600mhz c36

maybe you didnt notice them? i mean again they dont happen often at all so you can forget about them. maybe im wrong tbh but like i know for a fact it isnt a GPU issue cuz i rma'd the first 4090 and this a whole new 4090. All stress tests on memory and cpu run just fine so i dont know honestly why they couldve happened also they would like happen at the same place at the same time. like one time Alan would be trying to open the door of a train and everytime i die and go through that animation again there is like a slight stutter

12 hours ago, Mando772004 said:

RTX 4090

7950X3D

32GB ram 5600mhz c36

maybe you didnt notice them? i mean again they dont happen often at all so you can forget about them. maybe im wrong tbh but like i know for a fact it isnt a GPU issue cuz i rma'd the first 4090 and this a whole new 4090. All stress tests on memory and cpu run just fine so i dont know honestly why they couldve happened also they would like happen at the same place at the same time. like one time Alan would be trying to open the door of a train and everytime i die and go through that animation again there is like a slight stutter

How slight are we talking? It's not like hitching or continuous? It's just like a minor stutter here and there, like a split second stutter or like the whole game freezes for close to a second or more? Have you tried adjusting the settings? It could just be something loading, I mean it has the occasional loading stutter that's almost imperceivable when loading new areas but that's all I have noticed and again it's almost not even noticeable. If you're referring to that then, yes, it's the game. It typically only happens in some animations when loading a new scene.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

31 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

How slight are we talking? It's not like hitching or continuous? It's just like a minor stutter here and there, like a split second stutter or like the whole game freezes for close to a second or more? Have you tried adjusting the settings? It could just be something loading, I mean it has the occasional loading stutter that's almost imperceivable when loading new areas but that's all I have noticed and again it's almost not even noticeable. If you're referring to that then, yes, it's the game. It typically only happens in some animations when loading a new scene.

yes that is what i mean,  split second stutter. its not freezing at all. maybe i described it wrong, i noticed it happens in certain animations and when loading a new scene. I feel like everygame nowadays has those microstutters like its almost like you can never avoid it, its fine but you know when you have high end hardware such stuff make you second guess that hardware but it turns out in the end to be a game issue

9 minutes ago, Mando772004 said:

I've been gaming at an enthusiast level for years, no matter how beefy of a PC you have some games just have little quirks or optimization issues you can't avoid, no matter how high end of hardware you have. The game is also fairly new, with there still being two DLC expansions coming later this year I'm sure we'll get some quality of life updates later on down the road. I'd also like to state that turning the game settings down in a couple areas could relieve those stutters or at least help a little bit, some things in the game don't necessarily need to be maxed out in order to get the best fidelity. Like any game, graphically speaking some settings on high compared to ultra have no visual difference but can impact performance quite a bit. If it's just the micro stutters when loading new areas i.e. when you first start the game and Saga exits the car at Cauldron Lake and it stutters loading the car texture, I think that's just a game bug. Hopefully they'll get those ironed out in a future update.