My switch has the same IP as my Modem (and a router, it's a 2in1).

David2007

Is this nortmal?

What should I do?

I am usinf dchp both in my windows settings and my router's.

When I try to log in the we interface of the switch, it takes me to the modem's.

image.png.cdc9263d3162f0578e99368619d1bf01.png

5 minutes ago, David2007 said:

When I try to log in the we interface of the switch, it takes me to the modem's.

Unplug the switch from the modem, then get into the switch's interface and change its management IP to something else. (Preferably an address on the same subnet but outside your modem's DHCP scope.)

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

1 minute ago, Needfuldoer said:

Unplug the switch from the modem, then get into the switch's interface and change its management IP to something else. (Preferably an address on the same subnet but outside your modem's DHCP scope.)

A common choice is local.ip.range.1 (usually 192.168.1.x, but I personally prefer 10.0.0.x since it's faster to type).

elephants

3 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

Thanks, but I don't even know what a subnet is, and what is outside my DCHP's scope.

Can you please explain because I do not know anything about this topic.

It is a managed switch, and I have downloaded the easy smart config software.

4 minutes ago, David2007 said:

Thanks, but I don't even know what a subnet is, and what is outside my DCHP's scope.

Can you please explain because I do not know anything about this topic.

Change the switch's management address to 192.168.0.253.

The subnet is the range of addresses on your network. In your case it's probably 192.168.0.0 through 192.168.0.255. (.0 and .255 are special addresses, you can't assign devices to them.)

The DHCP scope is the range of addresses your router hands out to devices as they connect to your network. At least in ye olde days, it was common to leave a chunk of addresses out of the scope for things that need a fixed address. You generally don't want to set static addresses inside your DHCP scope, because it's possible the router will give that address to a different device and cause an address conflict, but it's highly unlikely you'll have 252 devices connected so changing your switch's address to .253 should be fine.

5 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

Change the switch's management address to 192.168.0.253.

The subnet is the range of addresses on your network. In your case it's probably 192.168.0.1 through 192.168.0.255. (.255 is a special address, you can't use it for devices.)

The DHCP scope is the range of addresses your router hands out to devices as they connect to your network. At least in ye olde days, it was common to leave a chunk of addresses out of the scope for things that need a fixed address. You generally don't want to set static addresses inside your DHCP scope, because it's possible the router will give that address to a different device and cause an address conflict, but it's highly unlikely you'll have 252 devices connected so changing your switch's address to .253 should be fine.

What should my subnet mask and my default gateway be?

Also, I think I need to change the windows settings to match the switch's. What are the best settings for that i mean dns server and such.

image.png.53b69fb7d7ac5b302bb5f0133bbe4a02.png

image.png.0651b9377cb605b482c53c9c94827f1d.png

image.png.3a910aa80988ccaf4626d08b3f19023c.png

What do I type here? Do I need a IPv6?

1 minute ago, David2007 said:

What should my subnet mask and my default gateway be?

Run ipconfig /all in a command prompt on your PC and use the subnet mask and default gateway it says the PC is using.

If I had to guess they're probably 255.255.255.0 and 192.168.0.1 respectively.

2 minutes ago, David2007 said:

Also, I think I need to change the windows settings to match the switch's.

No. Leave the PC on DHCP (automatic). You only need to change the management interface for your switch so it doesn't conflict with your router anymore.

3 minutes ago, David2007 said:

What are the best settings for that i mean dns server and such.

Don't worry about any of that, leave them on auto.

3 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

Run ipconfig /all in a command prompt on your PC and use the subnet mask and default gateway it says the PC is using.

If I had to guess they're probably 255.255.255.0 and 192.168.0.1 respectively.

No. Leave the PC on DHCP (automatic). You only need to change the management interface for your switch so it doesn't conflict with your router anymore.

Don't worry about any of that, leave them on auto.

image.png.f7a1a04b3ad916b36cc43b99435cd9b3.pngimage.png.a4886150204fa5409ff0778e04711444.png

Are these the correct ones? Default gateway has 2 values, wich one should I be using?

1 minute ago, David2007 said:

image.png.f7a1a04b3ad916b36cc43b99435cd9b3.png

image.png.a4886150204fa5409ff0778e04711444.png

Are these the correct ones? Default gateway has 2 values, wich one should I be using?

Those are the correct ones.

The fe80::ae22 address is for IPv6. Ignore that.

2 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

Those are the correct ones.

The fe80::ae22 address is for IPv6. Ignore that.

So these are the correct ones right?

image.png.aa1512bb376b3f985830b37d444dd244.png

Thank you for your effort!

Have a good day/night/anything (I dont know what time is it where you live)!

looks correct. but strange, that your router gives to switch DHCP address, same as itself address (at your first post)

ad infinitum

This is the setting right now:

image.png.736ffde65910cedfc11272af69ec52c7.png

May I ask that what does "located on IP network" is?

it is list of switches, that found in your LAN, address is this, which you set up

but your switch must get DHCP assigned IP address from router, if "DHCP Setting: Enable", and it can't be routers own address 192.168.0.1

but again — now all is fine!

ad infinitum

2 hours ago, David2007 said:

Is this nortmal?

What should I do?

I am usinf dchp both in my windows settings and my router's.

image.png.cdc9263d3162f0578e99368619d1bf01.png

That page isn't showing its current IP address, its the IP address it would use if DHCP was Disabled which is why its greyed out to show its not being used.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7