Developer Laptop for Remote Work and Gaming

Budget (including currency): ±R30000 (±$1600)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: (Linux) Development, Gaming if possible

Other details: I want to buy a laptop I will dual boot with Windows and Ubuntu for remote work (without a monitor in some situations so bigger screen is better). Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated. I have always been a Mac user... I REQUIRE an NVIDIA graphics card for Machine Learning.

Thanks! 

2 hours ago, keg said:

Budget (including currency): ±R30000 (±$1600)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: (Linux) Development, Gaming if possible

Other details: I want to buy a laptop I will dual boot with Windows and Ubuntu for remote work (without a monitor in some situations so bigger screen is better). Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated. I have always been a Mac user... I REQUIRE an NVIDIA graphics card for Machine Learning.

Thanks! 

Hello... I have 2 options for you to look at. I would go for the one with the 3070 Ti as it will give you the best experience in Games and Workloads. Please let me know what you think.

I have been building PCs for over 30 years so if you have any questions please ask. For future communication I use Discord for much faster response times as I have it open 24/7. Here is my Discord: Wizardsnapper#2772 I am also available if you need help before, during, or after the Build process on Discord through Voice or Video Chat. I can be with you while you build your new PC if you need me to be.

MSI Cyborg 15 | Intel Core i7 12650H | 16GB RAM | 512GB SSD | 15.6″ FHD 144Hz | RTX 4060 8GB R29,578.00

Acer Nitro 5 AN515 | Ryzen 7 6800H | 16GB RAM | 512GB SSD | 15.6″ FHD 144Hz | RTX 3070 Ti 8GB R29,406.00

I have been building PCs for over 30 years so if you have any questions please ask. For Future Communication I use Discord for much Faster Response Times as I have it open 24/7. I am also available if you need help before, during, or after the Build Process on Discord through Text,Voice, or Video Chat. I can be with you while you build your new PC if you need me to be. Here is my Discord: Wizardsnapper#2772