If i buy a LTT mousepad or a Gamers nexus mousepad will i have to pay customs to the uk ontop of the delivery fee?

Ottoman420
Go to solution Solved by C2dan88,
5 hours ago, Ottoman420 said:

So will i have to pay import customs for a $30 mousepad to the UK? from LTT(Canada) or Gamers Nexus (usa)

No, LTT charges vat on purchase. Have bought twice from lttstore not had any additional charges on delivery to UK.

Ive never bought "merch" before. 

So will i have to pay import customs for a $30 mousepad to the UK? from LTT(Canada) or Gamers Nexus (usa)

Meow meow 

I bought some GN merch a couple years back. I didn't have to pay any customs in advance. Instead of being delivered to my door, the package arrived at a parcel shop and I had to pay the customs when picking up the package. This was in Germany.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

26 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

I bought some GN merch a couple years back. I didn't have to pay any customs in advance. Instead of being delivered to my door, the package arrived at a parcel shop and I had to pay the customs when picking up the package. This was in Germany.

how much was the customs charge u paid?

16 minutes ago, Ottoman420 said:

how much was the customs charge u paid?

According to current regulations it would be 3,7% import tax plus 19% VAT in Germany. But since UK isn't EU anymore i don't know how the rates go for you. There are also exceptions depending on local regulations.

If you know how much you're gonna spend (including shipping cost), your best bet is to call the UK customs office and ask them. Maybe they also have a calculator on their website.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

The rules https://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad/tax-and-duty

So it appears not, as long as VAT is charged when you buy the item.

Though when I have bought used items from Japan, via eBay, there was a customs charge on the value of the item, as well as a customs admin fee. The admin fee was £20 I think, though this was a few years ago. I think it depends on if the sender pays the VAT or not.

5 hours ago, Ottoman420 said:

No, LTT charges vat on purchase. Have bought twice from lttstore not had any additional charges on delivery to UK.