Best gaming laptop around 1800 usd.

Go to solution Solved by jre84,

I own about 5 laptops, and one stands out for me its my Omen 16. It has decent specs for the price, but what makes it a worthwhile purchase is its build quality. I have been using a 140w bios over the 115w bios for a year and have left it on with max fans for 2.5 years. it has needed a blow out of dust a few times but it's built like a tank and I have never owned a laptop that will last 2 years full bore non stop, typically a laptpo would fail after a few months of max load continuously. I'm no expert but Out of all the laptops iv'e owned I give the OMEN line a big thumbs up. for 1800 I think you could find one with 32gb ram and a 4070. I think you would be happy with it and you seem to care about longevity and I think its safe to say with normal use your cmos battery will go before your cpu/gpu/mobo/fans go. 5 years min

Im gonna need a new laptop for gaming and college and my budget is 1800. The reason i'm asking here is that there are a lot of laptops out there and im really not sure which one can last me the longest(build quality, etc.)

Please share your views

I have an Asus Zephyrus M16, and I love it. However, it is large, and it is heavy. However, it is sleek looking and wouldn't look out of place in a lecture hall. If the cons are incompatible with your expectations for a laptop that you will be lugging around with you on campus, I would look into the Asus G14 series laptops. They strike a nice balance of size and performance. Note, there are new ones coming to market soon, with upgraded displays (might want to wait and look into those). 

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

I own about 5 laptops, and one stands out for me its my Omen 16. It has decent specs for the price, but what makes it a worthwhile purchase is its build quality. I have been using a 140w bios over the 115w bios for a year and have left it on with max fans for 2.5 years. it has needed a blow out of dust a few times but it's built like a tank and I have never owned a laptop that will last 2 years full bore non stop, typically a laptpo would fail after a few months of max load continuously. I'm no expert but Out of all the laptops iv'e owned I give the OMEN line a big thumbs up. for 1800 I think you could find one with 32gb ram and a 4070. I think you would be happy with it and you seem to care about longevity and I think its safe to say with normal use your cmos battery will go before your cpu/gpu/mobo/fans go. 5 years min

On 1/24/2024 at 9:13 AM, jre84 said:

Hey so im in India and the HP Omen 16 i7 13th gen rtx 4070 is on sale for 1.5Lac or around 1800us. Should I go for it?

yes, they are plain looking which is good for alot of people but they are like I say built really good. Im using mine right now and its still going strong. you could get a lenovo laptop for around 1800 also but why risk it. alot of times they look good and have decent specs but just don't last something like the mobo or gpu go after a few years and when you don't have thousands every year to blow on a new laptop its always better to be safe than sorry

On 1/26/2024 at 10:08 AM, jre84 said:

yes, they are plain looking which is good for alot of people but they are like I say built really good. Im using mine right now and its still going strong. you could get a lenovo laptop for around 1800 also but why risk it. alot of times they look good and have decent specs but just don't last something like the mobo or gpu go after a few years and when you don't have thousands every year to blow on a new laptop its always better to be safe than sorry

yeah okay thanks.