Bluetooth adapter to match with a new Corsair Virtuoso?

Hey everyone. I'm looking to buy a nicely built headset for gaming (casual gamer) and wanted to buy something that was wireless. I ended up choosing the Corsair Virtuoso and realized my motherboard doesn't have bluetooth built in... so I'm out here on reddit and google scrounging for half ass reviews of unreliable bluetooth adapters sold on amazon. 

I'm wondering if this community would know anything about how to set up a good bluetooth connection for my wireless headset? I'm not too picky on the budget (nothing over $150 tho) for a competent bluetooth connection to my pc for a nice gaming experience. 

I would love some feedback and recommendations on what I should look into and consider buying! Thanks everyone

5 minutes ago, TechyNoob said:

Hey everyone. I'm looking to buy a nicely built headset for gaming (casual gamer) and wanted to buy something that was wireless. I ended up choosing the Corsair Virtuoso and realized my motherboard doesn't have bluetooth built in... so I'm out here on reddit and google scrounging for half ass reviews of unreliable bluetooth adapters sold on amazon. 

I'm wondering if this community would know anything about how to set up a good bluetooth connection for my wireless headset? I'm not too picky on the budget (nothing over $150 tho) for a competent bluetooth connection to my pc for a nice gaming experience. 

I would love some feedback and recommendations on what I should look into and consider buying! Thanks everyone

Doesn't that headset have a Dongle for wireless? Looking at the product page the Virtuoso RGB Wireless XT is the only one out of the 3 in that line that support Bluetooth, but according to that it supports Corsairs Slipstream wireless. Your probably better off using Corsair's Slipstream wireless than Bluetooth. I have experience with Bluetooth on Windows and its not that great. Generally the proprietary wireless connections offered by keyboard/ mouse and headset manufactures works better than Bluetooth.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

So those unreliable bluetooth adapters are unfortunately likely your best option unless your motherboard has a bluetooth extension sold separately, Corsair Slipstream wireless might work but given how mediocre i've found Corsair audio products to be i don't have much faith in it. But i just searched Virtuoso prices and i have a better solution if you're willing to refund the Corsair headset. Audeze Maxwell, quite literally the best headset on the planet and perfect for all your needs, comes with a USB dongle, 80 hours battery life and comfortably the best sounding closed headphones up until around 900usd. You're welcome to try and find another solution but tbh nothing really touches Maxwell for sound and features unless you desperately need ANC 

6 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Doesn't that headset have a Dongle for wireless? Looking at the product page the Virtuoso RGB Wireless XT is the only one out of the 3 in that line that support Bluetooth, but according to that it supports Corsairs Slipstream wireless. Your probably better off using Corsair's Slipstream wireless than Bluetooth. I have experience with Bluetooth on Windows and its not that great. Generally the proprietary wireless connections offered by keyboard/ mouse and headset manufactures works better than Bluetooth.

Yep. Looks like you're right. Thanks for saving me from myself 😅

2 minutes ago, Cocococo said:

So those unreliable bluetooth adapters are unfortunately likely your best option unless your motherboard has a bluetooth extension sold separately, Corsair Slipstream wireless might work but given how mediocre i've found Corsair audio products to be i don't have much faith in it. But i just searched Virtuoso prices and i have a better solution if you're willing to refund the Corsair headset. Audeze Maxwell, quite literally the best headset on the planet and perfect for all your needs, comes with a USB dongle, 80 hours battery life and comfortably the best sounding closed headphones up until around 900usd. You're welcome to try and find another solution but tbh nothing really touches Maxwell for sound and features unless you desperately need ANC 

Yea I was looking at those! Unfortunately I think they're on a backorder. I haven't actually received the Corsair Virtuoso yet, but since you're not the first person to tell me that I'll definitely make that choice.