What AM5 motherboard should I get and other stuff...

Go to solution Solved by PowerPCFan,

resources: 

https://www.xda-developers.com/best-am5-motherboards/

https://www.pcguide.com/motherboard/guide/best-am5-motherboards/

As a note, I have a $120 board paired with my i5-12600k and it works fine and has every feature I'd ever use. So you really don't have to go with what those articles say. Or what I say. Or what anyone else says. 

If you're on a budget, this board: https://www.amazon.com/GIGABYTE-A620M-Warranty-EZ-Latch-Motherboard/dp/B0C1ZZ57ZW looks decent. 

Hey!

I'm currently looking to upgrade my GPU to an RTX 4070Ti Super. I think to combine it with a Ryzen 7 7800x3D.

As currently I have an AM4 board, I'll just upgrade all the things I need and forget about PC upgrading for some years.

For the budget - let's just say not the cheapest, not the most expensive things.

So questions:

• What AM5 mobo should I get? Take into account that I have ARGB fans (currently connected with a controller, but I want to free up that SATA connection and use ARGB header on motherboard instead). I'd probably like GEN4 M.2 as well (maybe even 2 slots of it, if that doesn't bump up the price a lot).
  • Should I get 4x8 RAM sticks or 2x16? I think I googled that it might work better with 2x16, but not sure.
  • For PSU I think I'll just get an 80+ Gold 1000W so I can use it maybe for future upgrades as well?
  • Is DeepCool LS720 CPU cooler good enough? As that's what I'm currently looking at to get with the CPU.

Thanks!

What's your current case, white or black? Deepcool ls720 wasn't on PCPartpicker, but it does exist and will work. 2x16 ram is WAY better. 1000w is good. 

I love making PCPartPicker lists.

If I answer your question (or someone else), please mark it as the answer. 

Please refresh before replying, I like to edit my posts.

PC SPECS: Intel i5-12600K, RX 6700 XT, 32GB DDR4 RAM

Favorite cheap but great tech: AMD RX 6700 XT, Yunzii YZ75 Keyboard, Acer Nitro XV272U Vbmiiprx

You can go off this build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Dg4GHG

Favorite cheap but great tech: AMD RX 6700 XT, Yunzii YZ75 Keyboard, Acer Nitro XV272U Vbmiiprx

1 minute ago, PowerPCFan said:

What's your current case, white or black? Deepcool ls720 wasn't on PCPartpicker, but it does exist and will work. 2x16 ram is WAY better. 1000w is good. 

Current case is DeepCool CH510 Mesh Digital -> black. Okay, thanks for your input. What about the motherboard?

5 minutes ago, Muffin. said:

oh okay, ty. Do you think 200+ is worth for motherboard? The price probably drops a bit, if I don't need a wifi one?

You can change it, I went a little overkill on the motherboard

7 minutes ago, Muffin. said:

Current case is DeepCool CH510 Mesh Digital -> black. Okay, thanks for your input. What about the motherboard?

Because it's a black case you should make sure the parts are black to match it

Maybe anyone else has some input on motherboard? How much should I spend on it considering the requirements?

5 minutes ago, Muffin. said:

Maybe anyone else has some input on motherboard? How much should I spend on it considering the requirements?

It's hard to choose because of all the options. But it depends on the features you want.

An expensive board will have more features and O/C support and more.

Budget boards will still work, but they might not have wifi, enough USB ports, overclocking support, argb fan support, enough fan/usb headers, and more. 

So it's your choice based on your requirements. 

Edited by PowerPCFan
edited for spelling

resources: 

https://www.xda-developers.com/best-am5-motherboards/

https://www.pcguide.com/motherboard/guide/best-am5-motherboards/

As a note, I have a $120 board paired with my i5-12600k and it works fine and has every feature I'd ever use. So you really don't have to go with what those articles say. Or what I say. Or what anyone else says. 

If you're on a budget, this board: https://www.amazon.com/GIGABYTE-A620M-Warranty-EZ-Latch-Motherboard/dp/B0C1ZZ57ZW looks decent. 

27 minutes ago, PowerPCFan said:

It's hard to choose because of all the options. But it depends on the features you want.

An expensive board will have more features and O/C support and more.

Budget boards will still work, but they might not have wifi, enough USB ports, overclocking support, argb fan support, enough fan/usb headers, and more. 

So it's your choice based on your requirements. 

True. Alright, thanks for your input, appreciated. 🙂 I'll just look for some that has ARGB header and proper ram speed supports. I'm not really an OC guy, so that part doesn't matter for me.