Seeking Advice for a Comprehensive Sim Racing Setup

I’m venturing into building a comprehensive sim racing setup with a budget of $700 USD and I’m on the hunt for components that boast reliable driver support, sturdy durability, and customization options. Whether you have specific part recommendations or general advice, I’m eager to hear your insights!
I’m also considering incorporating an extra screen that I have purchased alongside the PC that is plenary for the games I intend to run.Any thoughts or experiences with this setup approach would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot for your input!

Edited by TheOnly1Matt

2 hours ago, TheOnly1Matt said:

I’m venturing into building a comprehensive sim racing setup with a budget of $700 USD and I’m on the hunt for components that boast reliable driver support, sturdy durability, and customization options. Whether you have specific part recommendations or general advice, I’m eager to hear your insights!
I’m also considering incorporating an extra screen for an independent setup alongside the PC. Any thoughts or experiences with this setup approach would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot for your input!

Hello... Given your limited budget I think this would be the best you could hope for. Please let me know what you think.

I have been building PCs for over 30 years so if you have any questions please ask. For future communication I use Discord for much faster response times as I have it open 24/7. Here is my Discord: Wizardsnapper#2772 I am also available if you need help before, during, or after the Build process on Discord through Voice or Video Chat. I can be with you while you build your new PC if you need me to be.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Lp8XFs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($134.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock B550M-HVS SE Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($69.98 @ Amazon)
Memory: Silicon Power GAMING 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($32.97 @ Amazon)
Storage: TEAMGROUP MP44L 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($57.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Ventus 2X 12G GeForce RTX 3060 12GB 12 GB Video Card  ($289.39 @ Amazon)
Case: Deepcool CC360 ARGB MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($58.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: MSI MAG A650BN 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $704.29

I have been building PCs for over 30 years so if you have any questions please ask. For Future Communication I use Discord for much Faster Response Times as I have it open 24/7. I am also available if you need help before, during, or after the Build Process on Discord through Text,Voice, or Video Chat. I can be with you while you build your new PC if you need me to be. Here is my Discord: Wizardsnapper#2772

5 hours ago, TheOnly1Matt said:

I’m venturing into building a comprehensive sim racing setup with a budget of $700 USD

5 hours ago, TheOnly1Matt said:

I’m eager to hear your insights!
I’m also considering incorporating an extra screen for an independent setup alongside the PC.

Youre looking at building your own rig out of 2x4, used Logitech G29, and a TV. And that is already 50% of your budget without a manual shifter or any other amenities. I personally think that 700$ just for the rig alone is absolutely doable, but including the PC its a bit of a pipe dream unless if youre fine with iRacing on rock bottom minimum settings or older.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

I agree with Bella in that it's a little bit of a challenge to purchase an entire setup within that price range, but I do think that it's possible as long as you're okay with purchasing used equipment. Have a look around Marketplace and see what deals you come across.

A complete Ryzen + GTX 1660 PC can typically be found for less than $500. Sim rigs/cockpits can be found for <$150. A Thrustmaster TMX with pedals goes for $100 used. You can sometimes find complete rigs (cockpit + wheel+ pedals) for a reasonable price if you're patient enough.

You obviously won't be running iRacing or ACC at max settings within this budget but these games are still lots of fun even when they're not pretty.