PSU making weird Zzz noise when turned on.

Hello everyone! I just build together a pc for my little brother from my old parts.

and the PSU started making weird sounds when turned on like zzz or when ur says SSSS but loud. The pc specs are; Processor: Intel Pentium G4400, GPU : GTX 970, Motherboard : H110M PRO-VD PLUS. Can somone help me? Thanks

6 minutes ago, Rzaex said:

Hello everyone! I just build together a pc for my little brother from my old parts.

and the PSU started making weird sounds when turned on like zzz or when ur says SSSS but loud. The pc specs are; Processor: Intel Pentium G4400, GPU : GTX 970, Motherboard : H110M PRO-VD PLUS. Can somone help me? Thanks

Are you able to record the noise? could just be normal PSU Coilwhine.

Is it like this?

Just now, Hinjima said:

ill try

6 minutes ago, Rzaex said:

What's the PSU ?? I fear it'll be some fire hazard one...

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

1 minute ago, Hinjima said:

3 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

What's the PSU ?? I fear it'll be some fire hazard one...

Its a Blue Storm II 500

4 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

Here is the noise, i think you have to turn up your volume because my mic isnt so good.

That sounds like the fan of the PSU... If you desperately need the PC ready I would just get a difference PSU or if you're comfortable to replace the fan

Hiya - Engineering Apprentice - Computer Enthusiast 

Just now, EwanJ said:

That sounds like the fan of the PSU... If you desperately need the PC ready I would just get a difference PSU or if you're comfortable to replace the fan

I dont know. I think the noise was coming from that when i was trying to put it on  it started to power loop or something. It started to smell like smoke not from the psu but from the storage ( HDD) 

2 minutes ago, EwanJ said:

No it doesn't?

5 minutes ago, Rzaex said:

Here is the noise, i think you have to turn up your volume because my mic isnt so good.

Sounds like quite severe PSU Coilwhine! 

Just now, Rzaex said:

I dont know. I think the noise was coming from that when i was trying to put it on  it started to power loop or something. It started to smell like smoke not from the psu but from the storage ( HDD) 

Yeah, If i was you. I'd probably remove that right now, it shouldn't be smoking at all.

8 minutes ago, Rzaex said:

Looks like a fan noise, but i didn't imagine a  PSU could have fans thatbad !

The "Blue Storm II 500"  isn't even listed at PSU Cultists, I think it's just garbage, get some Corsair CX or CV instead

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

1 minute ago, EwanJ said:

Yeah, If i was you. I'd probably remove that right now, it shouldn't be smoking at all.

It like didnt starrt smoking only the smell, i think i missplaced the power sw things bcz now it doesnt smell or smoke psu just doing noises

1 minute ago, PDifolco said:

Looks like a fan noise, but i didn't imagine a  PSU could have fans thatbad !

The "Blue Storm II 500"  isn't even listed at PSU Cultists, I think it's just garbage, get some Corsair CX or CV instead

To be fair the name Blue Storm says alot about it...

Just now, Rzaex said:

It like didnt starrt smoking only the smell, i think i missplaced the power sw things bcz now it doesnt smell or smoke psu just doing noises

Hmm, i personally would just replace it, it wouldn't hurt and since you're not having a very demanding PC build getting a decent PSU for it wouldn't be expensive

3 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

No it doesn't?

Sounds like quite severe PSU Coilwhine! 

I have it been running for 10 minutes now, the noises arent so bad that they were before.

but still, ill think ill get a good-ish psu later on the time

2 minutes ago, Rzaex said:

Where'd you manage to find this thing?

It's a mediocre gimmic psu from 2005. I'd replace that as I would be surprised it's actively dying and this will take other things with it.

Hmm, i personally would just replace it, it wouldn't hurt and since you're not having a very demanding PC build getting a decent PSU for it wouldn't be expensive

Haha indeed

Storm Apocalypse GIF by X-Men Movies - Find & Share on GIPHY

I would yeah but right now i dont have any money

Just now, Rzaex said:

As right now in my main i have am rtx card that doesnt even turn on😂

Just now, Rzaex said:

Yeah, I'd keep an eye on it just in case

2 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Where'd you manage to find this thing?

It's a mediocre gimmic psu from 2005. I'd replace that as I would be surprised it's actively dying and this will take other things with it.

Idk it was a old part from my very frist pc

1 minute ago, Rzaex said:

Idk it was a old part from my very first pc*

For everyones knowledge. Its probably a fsp blue storm II. A uv reactive blue led fan psu gimmick unit from about 2005.

It's a mediocre unit and just a recolor of the popular one at the time.

Nowadays yeah do not use this at all it's 19 years old or so.

1 minute ago, Rzaex said:

Idk it was a old part from my very frist pc

That explains 😛

Just now, jaslion said:

For everyones knowledge. Its probably a fsp blue storm II. A uv reactive blue led fan psu gimmick unit from about 2005.

It's a mediocre unit and just a recolor of the popular one at the time.

Nowadays yeah do not use this at all it's 19 years old or so.

Yeah, im thinking about getting a psu later this week

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

That explains 😛

But i dont even know why the display wont turn on. Like is it my hdmi broken or? Bcz on my old gtx 970 fans spin and all it just stopped working. Displaying 2 days ago