i need a new headset for EFT

GanjajoggiBig
Go to solution Solved by Cocococo,
26 minutes ago, GanjajoggiBig said:

Maybe I shouldn't have said the budget is unnecessary lets set it at 300 the price of those FiiO FT3

Oh for 300 FT3 are your best choice, best soundstage and imaging up to like 500usd, Audio Technica R70X are also pretty great. FiiO earcups are bit on the small side, also R70X earpads are way more widely available, Sennheiser HD600, 6xx and 650 are also pretty good picks but frankly the FT3 and R70X are better for gaming (also Sennheiser are AWFUL for replacement earpads) Moondrop Para is also an amazing newcomer to the 300 market but with no amplifier the planar drivers will be a bit harder to power, FT3 are pretty unfussy. Don't listen to anyone who talks about ohms in headphones, sensitivity is the far more reliable number to look for

so im looking for a headset for Escape from Tarkov, my last one broke and im using a old one i had lying around (its a rapoo i think) and i really need a new one so i can hear the different directions (for a game like Tarkov it is essential) so i wanted to look for one but im clueless and dont really go into audio specs so i wanted to see some oppinions/recommendations for all direction (i believe its called like that) headsets

mic is optional, i live in Germany, the budget around 300€

5 minutes ago, Cocococo said:

Budget? location? any DAC's?

what are DAC'S?

Digital to Analogue Converter, like an external soundcard, onboard audio tends to be pretty mediocre on even the best motherboards

Just now, Cocococo said:

Digital to Analogue Converter, like an external soundcard, onboard audio tends to be pretty mediocre on even the best motherboards

if it helps i guess, yes?

Just now, GanjajoggiBig said:

if it helps i guess, yes?

Good, now what budget are you looking at and whereabouts are you geographically? location makes a big difference

9 minutes ago, Cocococo said:

Good, now what budget are you looking at and whereabouts are you geographically? location makes a big difference

i edited the first/top message

Budget unnecessary? How about some Hifiman HE1000's? Or maybe Sennheiser HD800's? there's a lot of headphones with phenomenal imaging and detail, HD800 in particular have the widest headphone soundstage i have ever used. But they are super expensive, if all you want is insane detail then FiiO FT3 are among my first picks, punch high above their weight for soundstage and detail

30 minutes ago, Cocococo said:

Budget unnecessary? How about some Hifiman HE1000's? Or maybe Sennheiser HD800's? there's a lot of headphones with phenomenal imaging and detail, HD800 in particular have the widest headphone soundstage i have ever used. But they are super expensive, if all you want is insane detail then FiiO FT3 are among my first picks, punch high above their weight for soundstage and detail

Maybe I shouldn't have said the budget is unnecessary lets set it at 300 the price of those FiiO FT3

26 minutes ago, GanjajoggiBig said:

Oh for 300 FT3 are your best choice, best soundstage and imaging up to like 500usd, Audio Technica R70X are also pretty great. FiiO earcups are bit on the small side, also R70X earpads are way more widely available, Sennheiser HD600, 6xx and 650 are also pretty good picks but frankly the FT3 and R70X are better for gaming (also Sennheiser are AWFUL for replacement earpads) Moondrop Para is also an amazing newcomer to the 300 market but with no amplifier the planar drivers will be a bit harder to power, FT3 are pretty unfussy. Don't listen to anyone who talks about ohms in headphones, sensitivity is the far more reliable number to look for