Action Cams - Akaso Brave 7 LE or GoPro

Hello!

For an upcoming trip to Grand Canyon I was considering getting an Action Cam. 

Something that i can tie to my jacket/ or wrist when going hiking, rafting, biking or maybe even a helicopter ride.

The action is going to be limited but I thought it would still be nice to record some of the hikes and cycling or climbs.

Having 0 experience with action cams the obvious answer seems a GoPro but these are a bit out of my budget.

Looking around a good alternative seems to be the Akaso Brave 7 LE - currently on sale for around 130 EUR

The closest thing when stretching the budget is a GoPro Hero 9/Hero 10 - can sometimes pick these up for around 200-250 EUR on the local 2nd hand forums.

Does anyone have experience with the Akaso? is it a decent option or is 130 EUR too good to be true and a waste of money and should I instead focuss around a GoPro 9/10.

Thanks!

Sorry to say I have no experience with the Akaso brand, I have a Gopro 8 series camera.  It has worked well for me and I haven't found a reason to upgrade or change brands yet.  Something just to be aware of if you are looking at the Gopro line of cameras that 9 and 10 series cameras were known/reported to have an increased chance of overheating issues.  Just a heads up for something to look into before making a final choice on the camera.

no worries, Thanks for commenting!

after much more research and reviews - I am mostly going to try and find a gopro hero 10 on the resale market. 

The stabilisation and mic were what made the difference for me. Not that the action is going to be intense or that its going be used as a interview camera - but one never knows. And I would rather have that option in the future rather than make a lot of e-waste.

Thanks for pointing out the overheating issue!