Brief power outage caused my PC to not boot properly.

Go to solution Solved by GuiltySpark_,
Just now, NightSwordz said:

I think I fixed the issue. strangely Drive: E was having issues and for some reason bogging the entire system down.

Drive: E was a Samsung 870 Evo 1TB SSD that was only used to store a few games and nothing more. when i isolated that drive and removed it everything is running fine! When i got an adapter to plug the SSD via USB to see what was on it, I'm oddly left with the fact it has 0 bytes storage. will be looking into if the drive itself is dead or just badly corrupted. it's a relatively new device.

Screenshot 2024-01-15 080608.png

Look at it in Disk Management

I went to take a nap (left PC on) woke up some hours later to find PC was off, no biggie. GF said we had a brief power outage for like 2 seconds. I turn on the PC and it's stuck on the Asus boot screen with the circle thing spinning to no end. I hold down the power to restart a couple times to go into Safe Mode and when it goes into Repair Mode, I just get a black screen. Weird. 

I went into the UEFI and everything is fine, my boot drives are all being recognized, at boot my motherboard doesn't give me any indicator lights and a Q-Code status of A0. So that all appears fine but windows doesn't seem to want to take over. I then removed my GPU for good measure.

I prepare my Windows 11 Media USB and boot from that. After a short bit it only takes me to a solid light blue screen with nothing else but my cursor.

I find this to be odd behavior. Possibly a corrupted file within Windows? Everything is detecting and seem to operate fine.

I'm really hoping I don't have to mess with the BIOS. Currently under an ice storm and don't feel comfortable doing that sort of thing with unstable power conditions.

My system is:

CPU- Intel Core i9-10900K

Asus ROG Z490-E Gaming

EVGA RTX 3080

G.Skill 3800mhz 16GB X4

Primary boot is Samsung 970 Evo 2TB

Please tell me what you think. A total reset would be really annoying.

I decided to try again and let the windows try to load. It took well over 5 minutes, performed a brief disk scan/ repair, I got into Windows but it seemed pretty buggy. I went to just shut it down naturally but even shutting down seemed to take 5 minutes to figure out. I was then welcomed with these 2 error messages then a black screen and still powered on.

IMG_20240115_054642547.jpg

IMG_20240115_054709103.jpg

I'd reseat the RAM and use another PC to make a Memtest86 bootable USB stick and let that run. Its possible something happened with your memory but more tests need to be run at this point. 

Its not clear if you were or weren't able to boot to the WIndows 11 boot media? If there is a hardware memory issue, that might be why.

Your bootable flash drive is correctly installed? Use rufus and Reinstalling windows will help you.

I think I fixed the issue. strangely Drive: E was having issues and for some reason bogging the entire system down.

Drive: E was a Samsung 870 Evo 1TB SSD that was only used to store a few games and nothing more. when i isolated that drive and removed it everything is running fine! When i got an adapter to plug the SSD via USB to see what was on it, I'm oddly left with the fact it has 0 bytes storage. will be looking into if the drive itself is dead or just badly corrupted. it's a relatively new device.

Just now, NightSwordz said:

Just now, GuiltySpark_ said:

not totally sure what i make of that, it looks like it needs partitions made again, there were a few games on it.

Screenshot 2024-01-15 082206.png