Bluetooth Keyboard Ghosting or Lag or Not Recognizing Typed Keys

milesuy
Go to solution Solved by Donut417,
13 hours ago, milesuy said:

Is this normal for Bluetooth keyboards?

In my experience it can be. I have the K6 and some times when I connect it to my Mac via Bluetooth I will some times have lag. Generally turning the keyboard off then on again helps. The fact is Bluetooth isnt the best wireless standard. There is a reason gaming Keyboards use proprietary wireless standards. For me its a non issue because I use the Bluetooth function when Im in bed with my Mac hooked to the TV for streaming video.

and a WiFi router 90cm/3ft away,

This could defiantly effect it. Not to mention if your neighbors are close by and their 2.4 Ghz network is also in shouting distance.

I have a Keychron K1 and sometimes when typing it takes a few seconds for the typed keys to show up, or I need to press the key multiple times for it to show up, or it thinks I held one of the keys. Rebooting the PC fixes the issue for a while, but it recurs after a few hours.

I also had a bluetooth keyboard previously and this is reason why I ditched it. Initially, I blamed the keyboard so I bought a Keychron K1, but I recently changed motherboards with an Intel AX200, and I still have this issue.

Questions:

• Is this normal for Bluetooth keyboards?
  • I have a wireless mouse beside the keyboard and a WiFi router 90cm/3ft away, is this affecting the keyboard?
  • I am planning to update the keyboard's firmware, but how do I identify which version is my keyboard? Link: https://www.keychron.com/pages/keychron-firmware-for-k1

Here's what it looks like when typing: (typos are underlined)

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet,                              consectetur adipiscing elit. Morbi non sagittis sapien, eu mollis leo. Nullllllllllllllllla facilisi. Nam bibendum dapibus ipsum sit amet bibendum. Mauris condimentum volutpat malesuada. Viva cursus tortor purus, non ultricies tortor rhoncus vel. Proin faucibus quam vitae tortor porttitor, a dictum quam sussssssssssscipit. Vestibulum efficitur rhoncus libero quis accumsan.

It should look like this: (Text extracted from https://www.lipsum.com/)

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Morbi non sagittis sapien, eu mollis leo. Nulla facilisi. Nam bibendum dapibus ipsum sit amet bibendum. Mauris condimentum volutpat malesuada. Vivamus cursus tortor purus, non ultricies tortor rhoncus vel. Proin faucibus quam vitae tortor porttitor, a dictum quam suscipit. Vestibulum efficitur rhoncus libero quis accumsan.

When I am in USB mode, the keyboard works fine.

Edited by milesuy
I forgot to mention that when I am in USB mode, the keyboard works fine.

No real experience with the BT functionality of keyboards, but from my experience with BT audio it doesn't surprise me too much. Still, it should not be considered normal imho.

Regarding the version of the board, maybe contact keychron support and ask them how to distinguish them. Should be possible based on serial number or product number, which should be on the back of the keyboard.

1 hour ago, GarlicDeliverySystem said:

No real experience with the BT functionality of keyboards, but from my experience with BT audio it doesn't surprise me too much. Still, it should not be considered normal imho.

Regarding the version of the board, maybe contact keychron support and ask them how to distinguish them. Should be possible based on serial number or product number, which should be on the back of the keyboard.

I also experienced BT audio, but audio makes use of more bandwidth than typing so audio is more sensitive right?

I guess contacting them would be the only option, the markings at the back of the keyboard only shows the name of the keyboard, and the FCC ID. A quick Google shows that the FCC ID is similar to all versions of the keyboard.

Is this normal for Bluetooth keyboards?

In my experience it can be. I have the K6 and some times when I connect it to my Mac via Bluetooth I will some times have lag. Generally turning the keyboard off then on again helps. The fact is Bluetooth isnt the best wireless standard. There is a reason gaming Keyboards use proprietary wireless standards. For me its a non issue because I use the Bluetooth function when Im in bed with my Mac hooked to the TV for streaming video.

and a WiFi router 90cm/3ft away,

This could defiantly effect it. Not to mention if your neighbors are close by and their 2.4 Ghz network is also in shouting distance.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.