2 weird problems, took to Canada computers and they couldn't find either problem (they actually CAUSED one of them)

Ok so,

First problem
The first problem is that certain applications like Fortnite and Discord crash without warning and don't leave an error message. Fortnite seems to crash less often when I change the rendering mode from directx11 to performance, but it still happens. When this problem starting getting bad is when I first brought it to Canada Computers. They found no issues with the hardware or anything (this was when problem 2 started after they stress tested the GPU). A few weeks to a month later, we did a factory reset on the computer because there were supposedly some corrupted files. This made the crashes far less frequent, but they still happen all the time.

Second problem
This is the far more annoying and confusing problem, and again, I have no idea why it's happening. It began after the people at Canada Computers did a stress test on the GPU with an application I don't have the name of. The problem is that on any game, from Elden ring to Geometry dash, no matter how resource intensive it is, it begins to lag the computer in a very weird way. Keyboard inputs are delayed by anywhere from 2 to 30 seconds, however, mouse inputs are not delayed at all. It happens whenever I have any game in focus with any media playing in the background, be it a Youtube video, Spotify, etc. and sometimes it freezes said media from playing. This is not a problem with the keyboard, as I have tested it with several keyboards and the problem persists. I also tested it at my dad's house, and the problem persists. However, for whatever reason, I couldn't reproduce it when i took it to Canada Computers, so they couldn't diagnose the problem if they tried. We also formatted the hard drive (i think that's what they said it was), and the problem persisted. 

The computer is a little over a year old, any help is appreciated
Thanks for your time

Get and run memtest86 overnight. This sounds like either ram or storage related.

If you have any errors on memtest, you have an issue with the ram itself, motherboard, or cpu memory controller. No way to know without swapping parts.

42 minutes ago, Whatisthis said:

Get and run memtest86 overnight. This sounds like either ram or storage related.

If you have any errors on memtest, you have an issue with the ram itself, motherboard, or cpu memory controller. No way to know without swapping parts.

i'll do that tonight and get back to you with the results, thanks

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/13/2024 at 7:39 PM, Whatisthis said:

@Whatisthissorry for the long wait i guess i was procrastinating, anyway, i did the test and there were zero errors. do you have any other suggestions?

1 hour ago, kidnamedfinger said:

@Whatisthissorry for the long wait i guess i was procrastinating, anyway, i did the test and there were zero errors. do you have any other suggestions?

Download crystaldiskinfo and check ssd's health also update bios version, and remove gpu and try to boot with integrated graphics see if error happens again