I cannot for the life of me remove this M.2... any ideas?

ChieriOnTop
Go to solution Solved by Godlygamer23,
Just now, ChieriOnTop said:

If you're talking about literally under the board, I can't get anything under there since there's a massive metal plate of some sort in the way.

Then you'll have to remove the board.

I'm trying to move my M.2 into another system and it's got these 2 things holding it down. Pressing the black thing doesn't do anything either. It also had a screw holding the nvme in place but that didn't help either.

IMG_20240112_165726534_HDR.jpg

1 minute ago, ChieriOnTop said:

A top view of it.

What's the back side look like? It looks like it should pull out, not push down.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

separate these two parts:
image.png.3f366c56c984bc215a0d08942e2db104.png

If you look at it from the back of the board, there should be a plastic pin in the middle of that, push the pin thru.

1 minute ago, IkeaGnome said:

What's the back side look like? It looks like it should pull out, not push down.

What do you mean by the back side?

There are likely things to pinch on the underside of the board. I've removed chipset heatsinks with similar mechanisms being used.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Alright now I understand from everyone saying under the board, I'll have to most likely remove the other side panel which is a pain. Prebuilts are annoying...

If you're talking about literally under the board, I can't get anything under there since there's a massive metal plate of some sort in the way. Discord_kD2t9VcKYD.png

8 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

There are likely things to pinch on the underside of the board. I've removed chipset heatsinks with similar mechanisms being used.

9 minutes ago, tkitch said:

separate these two parts:
image.png.3f366c56c984bc215a0d08942e2db104.png

If you look at it from the back of the board, there should be a plastic pin in the middle of that, push the pin thru.

10 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

11 minutes ago, Cazom said:

Can you pinch the expanding thing from underneath the board?

Look at the most recent comment.

If you're talking about literally under the board, I can't get anything under there since there's a massive metal plate of some sort in the way.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

28 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Got it removed, thanks. I was a bit scared to remove stuff because I'm not really fond with messing with things that just work.

Got it removed, thanks. I was a bit scared to remove stuff because I'm not really fond with messing with things that just work.

Totally understand that. If everything is reinstalled as it was, and not manhandled on the way, it should go back to being totally operational.