Getting an error message after replacing my old fan with a Noctua:

Ok i posted previeviously regarding the noise my PSU was making, but it turns out it was a connector issue. Apparently I had too many things running on the socket wall. After unpluging everthing and connecting the server directly, the noise is gone but I now have a new problem. the error message says: Lower Critical - going low - Assertion
and then again Lower non-recoverable - going low - Assertion please see the attached image.
The only changes I have made to the system since is a new CPU cooler from noctua. The fan is not stable and runs in waves, it goes up and then down over and over again.
My system specs are as follow:

CPU: AMD EPYC 7551 32 core.
CPU COOLER: Noctua NH-U14S TR4-SP3 (165 mm) (6422729)
RAM: 256 Gigs ECC
Motherboard: Supermicro H11SSL-i
PSU: Be quiet 750 Pure Power 12M
LSI 9207-8i 6Gbs SAS HBA for my trunas
Mellanox MCX314A-BCCT 40Gb
And a bunch of PCIe for GPU nvme and so on.
Please take a look that the error screenshot.

logerror.PNG

Noctua-log.PNG

1 hour ago, sputniq said:

Ok i posted previeviously regarding the noise my PSU was making, but it turns out it was a connector issue. Apparently I had too many things running on the socket wall. After unpluging everthing and connecting the server directly, the noise is gone but I now have a new problem. the error message says: Lower Critical - going low - Assertion
and then again Lower non-recoverable - going low - Assertion please see the attached image.
The only changes I have made to the system since is a new CPU cooler from noctua. The fan is not stable and runs in waves, it goes up and then down over and over again.
My system specs are as follow:

CPU: AMD EPYC 7551 32 core.
CPU COOLER: Noctua NH-U14S TR4-SP3 (165 mm) (6422729)
RAM: 256 Gigs ECC
Motherboard: Supermicro H11SSL-i
PSU: Be quiet 750 Pure Power 12M
LSI 9207-8i 6Gbs SAS HBA for my trunas
Mellanox MCX314A-BCCT 40Gb
And a bunch of PCIe for GPU nvme and so on.
Please take a look that the error screenshot.

logerror.PNG

Noctua-log.PNG

Welcome to the fun of IPMI. The motherboard fan controller is looking for fan RPM’s that are out of range of the noctua’s. Basically, a server fan would be failing if it was running at the RPM of a noctua, so the fan controller is sending max voltage (or max PWM pulses) to try and get it up to a normal RPM, which it then sees as acceptable, drops the PWM signal back to normal, and it again becomes not acceptable. 

I only know barely enough about how to fix this on my particular Supermicro board, and I am not sure if it’s the same across all boards. But for me, I followed this method: https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?resources/how-to-change-ipmi-sensor-thresholds-using-ipmitool.35/

This was part of me adding fan control based on a script that controls IPMI from the host OS, for me that’s proxmox, but this should be applicable to your situation as well. Just need to tell the BIOS what the acceptable RPM

ranges are for each fan. 

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air