New RTX shows No Display on monitors

Hi everyone. This is my first post so please correct me if I’ve done anything wrong. I recently bought a Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC (Rev 2.0) as an upgrade to my current 1660ti. I bought it as used but was used only for gaming from what I was told. I took out my old graphics card and put in the new, and I’m using just one Pcie cable which is split for 2 8 pins cables. The PC turns on alongside the keyboard, mouse but there is No Display from either of my monitors (HDMI and DP ports being used). 

When the PC was on with the RTX inside, my motherboards VGA light was Red, which means that there is possibly something wrong with the output. From what I understand from PC part picker,my specs are suitable for the RTX

Have i done something wrong? Or am I missing something? Do you guys think I’ve been given a dud RTX? I was able to reinstall my 1660ti and use my computer still. I would appreciate any and all help, I really want to play with the RTX, thank you all.
My specs:

Windows 10 64 bit

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor

MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory

EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Hey Dylan, They are a few troubleshooting steps you can take.

First make sure pci-e cable is correctly inserted in the gpu, i would definitely recommend watching a youtube tutorial on how to do this because it might be confusing at times. This might also be the other way around, the pcie cable is not correctly inserted into the psu

Second, make sure the gpu is correctly inserted in the motherboard. Make sure you cannot see any pins

Tell me if any of those work, I might have more trouble shooting tips

1 hour ago, Sanjey Saravanan said:

Hey Dylan, They are a few troubleshooting steps you can take.

First make sure pci-e cable is correctly inserted in the gpu, i would definitely recommend watching a youtube tutorial on how to do this because it might be confusing at times. This might also be the other way around, the pcie cable is not correctly inserted into the psu

Second, make sure the gpu is correctly inserted in the motherboard. Make sure you cannot see any pins

Tell me if any of those work, I might have more trouble shooting tips

Hi! Thanks so much to your reply. I was able to successfully install the card and have it light up when the computer turned on, but my VGA light was a constant red. I have had others from reddit say that it could be because I’m using a split Pcie cable with 2 x 8 connectors. 

again thanks, I really appreciate the reply

1 hour ago, Dylan Jones said:

Hi! Thanks so much to your reply. I was able to successfully install the card and have it light up when the computer turned on, but my VGA light was a constant red. I have had others from reddit say that it could be because I’m using a split Pcie cable with 2 x 8 connectors. 

again thanks, I really appreciate the reply

the splitter cable is very bad, i recommend you do this

unplug the  12v 40 series splitter from your gpu and inspect it. Look for broken/melted pins. If you see dust, clean it. Once you check and nothing looks wrong with the splitter, make sure you plug it all the way in the gpu (i would recommend watching a youtube tutorial). Also it would be helpful if you sent me a photo of the splitter cable.