Graphics card not detected

Liam01

I recently upgraded my graphics card from a geforce 1660ti to a 4070. I have installed the drivers for the 4070, but on my nvidia control panel it is reading the 1660 ti which I removed from my pc and I can't find any info on how to solve this issue 

1 minute ago, Liam01 said:

I recently upgraded my graphics card from a geforce 1660ti to a 4070. I have installed the drivers for the 4070, but on my nvidia control panel it is reading the 1660 ti which I removed from my pc and I can't find any info on how to solve this issue 

download an app called DDU, then launch it in safe mode, which means you should type msconfig then go to boot and check the box saying safe boot, and then ill ask if you want to restart, you can restart but make sure you have your 4070 graphics driver downloaded from geforce.com/drivers first and store it somewhere you know. once you restart and are in safe mode, open DDU and choose GPU and NVIDIA and click on clean and restart, but before you do that you should disable safe boot first so it doesnt reboot into safe mode again so youll go to msconfig again and then boot and uncheck the box saying safeboot, but this time click on exit without restart. and then you can click on clean and restart. once it restarts install the 4070 driver you downloaded from the nvidia website and you should be good