Is it possible to drive the beyerdynamics 990 pro 250 ohm on the go/mobile?

I want to buy me some beyerdynamic 990 pro but the 250 ohm variant. I know that my phone will not and cannot drive them. So is there a solution like the Sony NW-A300(who only can 32ohm if I can read the technical details) It does not need to be android but something that has my music and can also drive the 990.

6 minutes ago, KemMuammer said:

I know that my phone will not and cannot drive them.

How do you know that?

You should be fine with Apple's USB-C to 3.5mm dongle.

https://www.reddit.com/r/HeadphoneAdvice/comments/rsc40z/i_can_run_my_dt_990s_250_ohm_through_the_apple/

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

36 minutes ago, KemMuammer said:

I want to buy me some beyerdynamic 990 pro but the 250 ohm variant. I know that my phone will not and cannot drive them. So is there a solution like the Sony NW-A300(who only can 32ohm if I can read the technical details) It does not need to be android but something that has my music and can also drive the 990.

Ohms is a terrible way to measure how difficult headphones are to drive, if whatever device you're using has a headphone jack then just use that, DT990 are 96DB/mw sensitivity (Sensitivity is the far more reliable measurement for headphone power requirements) if your phone doesn't have a headphone jack then the Apple USB-C to 3.5mm dongle is fine if you are in USA, if you're in europe or asia get the Abigail CX1993 Dongle (apple nerfs the global dongle power to 0.5v and Abigail powers at 1v) 

I had no problems driving DT 990 PROs with my old phone (LG G8X) and my buddy also tried them on his Samsung Galaxy (can't recall which one) with no issues. Currently I am using the DT 880 PROs on PC and I'm planning to get myself a FiiO BTR so I can use them with my new phone that doesn't have an audio jack. Can't vouch for FiiO because I've never owned any of their products but they seem to get generally positive reviews online.

8 minutes ago, kenkku said:

I had no problems driving DT 990 PROs with my old phone (LG G8X) and my buddy also tried them on his Samsung Galaxy (can't recall which one) with no issues. Currently I am using the DT 880 PROs on PC and I'm planning to get myself a FiiO BTR so I can use them with my new phone that doesn't have an audio jack. Can't vouch for FiiO because I've never owned any of their products but they seem to get generally positive reviews online.

Word of warning, FiiO's app has been known to brick products in the past (BTR5 among them) and most of FiiO's Bluetooth dac's have no direct power pass through when plugged into a PC as an external USB dac, this heavily wears out the battery with no indication to the user until you try to use wirelessly and the battery lasts no time at all.

Qudelix 5k is the best Bluetooth dac/amp out there with direct power pass through, better internal design, better battery life and better EQ customisation than literally everything out there, if you aren't planning to get some very low sensitivity Planar Magnetic headphones or play with electrostatics/ electrets* then I'd take Qudelix over a Schiit stack (that's insanely high praise)

*electrets are perma charged electrostatic drivers, plenty of debate over which is better but they both need a lot of power to run (main benefit imo is not needing an energiser like you do with Stax Lambda's and stuff like the Nectar Hive) 

4 minutes ago, Cocococo said:

Word of warning, FiiO's app has been known to brick products in the past (BTR5 among them) and most of FiiO's Bluetooth dac's have no direct power pass through when plugged into a PC as an external USB dac, this heavily wears out the battery with no indication to the user until you try to use wirelessly and the battery lasts no time at all.

Qudelix 5k is the best Bluetooth dac/amp out there with direct power pass through, better internal design, better battery life and better EQ customisation than literally everything out there, if you aren't planning to get some very low sensitivity Planar Magnetic headphones or play with electrostatics/ electrets* then I'd take Qudelix over a Schiit stack (that's insanely high praise)

*electrets are perma charged electrostatic drivers, plenty of debate over which is better but they both need a lot of power to run (main benefit imo is not needing an energiser like you do with Stax Lambda's and stuff like the Nectar Hive) 

Much appreciated! Seems like the Qudelix 5k is more affordable too, so thats a big bonus for me.

Plug the headphones into your phone and try it out. If the phone can drive them loud enough, then you're good.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.