ingame footsteps radar for deaf people, please recommend ty

katka

Hello guys, I need your help please.
I've seen some people that are using such as a legal software which looks like an ingame RADAR that basicaly shows where footsteps are coming from.
I did some research and only found the following: Nahimic Sound Tracker, Alienware Sound Center, ASUS Sonic Radar and Audio Radar.
I have a budget of arround 100$ and a b550m aorus elite motherboard (no dedicated soundcard).

Audio radar is way too expensive and has too many leds, I was thinking of something like an on screen radar.
I need this because I cant really hear (I'm kinda deaf and have tinnitus) therefore I'm always in disadvantage in FPS games since I cannot hear footsteps.
Not to mention that I dont really understand how these softwares overall work because.. for example asus sonic radar says I can enable it from bios but by asus motherboard doesn't have such thing in bios so Im guessing it's only for some specific motherboards only? Also, DO i need to buy a dedicated soundcard from them or just the software? What What do u guys recommend? Waiting for your reply thanks

57 minutes ago, katka said:

an asus b550m aorus elite motherboard (no dedicated soundcard).

No idea about what you can use, I just want to point out that :

Aorus Elite is Gigabyte, not ASUS.

So maybe that's why you can't find it ?

Also no idea if the feature is still on nowadays Asus motherboards.

Though there is this post I found.

https://rog-forum.asus.com/t5/asus-software/sonic-radar-turned-itself-on-cant-turn-off/td-p/836865

ROG SS3 mentioned in one of the post means ROG Sonic Studio III

So by that, I am guessing that it's probably a feature only found in Asus' ROG series motherboard.

edit:

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/ROG_STRIX_B550-F_GAMING/E16609_ROG_STRIX_B550-F_GAMING_UM_WEB.pdf?model=ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING

image.png.b8ccdc7fcd6643887e70215ffb3827ca.png

Edited by Poinkachu
Adding infos

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

2 hours ago, Poinkachu said:

No idea about what you can use, I just want to point out that :

Aorus Elite is Gigabyte, not ASUS.

So maybe that's why you can't find it ?

Also no idea if the feature is still on nowadays Asus motherboards.

Though there is this post I found.

https://rog-forum.asus.com/t5/asus-software/sonic-radar-turned-itself-on-cant-turn-off/td-p/836865

ROG SS3 mentioned in one of the post means ROG Sonic Studio III

So by that, I am guessing that it's probably a feature only found in Asus' ROG series motherboard.

edit:

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/ROG_STRIX_B550-F_GAMING/E16609_ROG_STRIX_B550-F_GAMING_UM_WEB.pdf?model=ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING

image.png.b8ccdc7fcd6643887e70215ffb3827ca.png

oh, you're right about my mobo! it's because of gigabyte not asus, dang :<

so what would you recommend me? to just buy an asus motherboard that has sonic radar included?

or it's easier if I buy dedicated pcie soundcard? <-- and if yes, which one has a software that can help me with what i need

9 minutes ago, katka said:

oh, you're right! it's because of gigabyte not assus, dang :<

so what would you recommend me? to just buy an asus motherboard that has sonic radar included?

or it's easier if I buy dedicated pcie soundcard? <-- and if yes, which one has a software that can help me with what i need

As much as I want to give you a definite answer, I can't.

Never used a ROG motherboard before to know if the feature is working well enough, nor do I know if the feature really is still in nowaday's motherboard.

The Sonic Studio seems to be still supported on at least up to B550 motherboard, no idea about the Sonic Radar feature.

IMO it strikes me as pretty much something that may or may not suddenly broke down and gets silently pulled out. This is actually the first time I ever heard about it.

Also never did a research or something about what you want.

Maybe some other people will come later and give an idea of what you can use.

Me, I just wanted to :

1. Point out about the motherboard brand so you don't end up frustating over something that's supposedly in another brand's.

2. Give you some infos I found about the feature so that maybe you can do more pinpointed research about it.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.