ARGB/RGB Disco PC

63dh63

Hi all,

I have an idea in mind for a summer party, yes its early but takes time to get parts test and make sure every thing works as planned lol, I currently have a Lenovo Thinkpad T440p (Old i know) laptop im planning on using as the back bone for a summer party for the family using software to control our music playlist, visual effects ect.

This is the plan so far and would like some help finding the best mix of software and hardware to blend into one epic party, so heres the plan,

Music is going to be played using Mixxx as have found this to be a fairly easy software to set up and has minimal overhead

EQ room correction for the speakers is going to be dealt with by Equilizer APO as this interfaces directly with windows hardware level sound processing and again find it fairly easy to set up, i run this for the home cinema pc and it handls multiple channel processing.

now for the unknown lol

Im thinking of using MusicBeam for our projector which will be used to create a sort of backdrop for the setup using our family projector, never used this before but it has the kind of look im going for.

in terms of lighting beyond this i wa thinking of using Signal RGB in Audio Visulizer to deal with the rest of the setup in mind using RGB strips, devices ect, some fitted into the speakers, some of the freestanding desk type ect, just as little accent peices for the setup, nothing to expensive but that take the standard rgb signal, however, this requires a controller or two, and since im using a laptop i have USB to work with, not many mind you, 2x USB 3.0 and 1x USB 2.0, x1 USB 3.0 will be used for an external drive storing the music playlist, another will be for an external sound card as the internal one isnt amazing, im looking for something cabable of shifting the workload off the cpu onto an internal processor, yet to be looked into, and the final one for the RGB control possibly through a powered hub to provide enough outputs if required.

There will be an RGB strip around the celing using 4 pin RGB one of those amazon kits, but the controller doesnt have the capability to be controlled other than through the remote and i think it would be cool to include it in the setup, there maybe the addition of Calex brand WRGB GU10 spot lights that if possible would be fun to take control of however these are bluetooth and to my knowledge dont have Windows Support, perfect for standard house use, but might not be doable for what i have in mind lol.

Im doing this on a budget bare in mind, and would love this to be a system using mostly PC RGB controllers and devices that i can take apart and use on mine and my partners gaming rigs after, hence the PC aspect of it, I have been wondering how far the PC RGB market has gone and how many other uses it has, and what better way than by a party right?

If anyone has any ideas on hardware or other software that might be better suited do let me know, oh and if any of the LMG team want to chime in or maybe this could be a video for you guys im happy to be the guineepig figure out some of the headaches for you.

Any advice is appreciated, any help any feedback anything really, this is a project over a couple of months so it will take some time.

Thanks all,