Help me choose a 1000W PSU!

Gessler555

I've got these 3 shortlisted but now can't seem to make up my mind:

Corsair RM1000e

MSI MPG A1000G

Corsair HX1000i

The first two are 80+ Gold and cost roughly the same, the HXi bumps me up to 80+ Platinum and has the ability to link with iCUE software so I can monitor it in the client...and costs more as a result.

All three are ATX 3.0/PCIE 5.0 standard, and all appear to be A-tier on the Cultists' PSU list (the MSI one's position is speculative for the PCIE 5.0 version though).

Which one should I go for?

Intel i7-4790k | MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8) 1866mhz RAM | Corsair H80i v1 AIO | Corsair RM850x PSU | Cooler Master HAF 912 case | Asus VZ27AQ 1440p 75hz monitor | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD | Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm HDD

Either Corsair one is okay, the HX is more expensive, it's not going to be materially different from the RMe one. I got the HX1200w myself because the price difference didn't really matter to me. You'll still be happy with the RMe one, and will not be any different.

The RMe is a red flag for me because of the low quality fan and the annoying fan noise.

The MSI and HXi are both high end and good choices. I would go for the cheapest of these two units.

RMe has noise issues

HXi uselessly expensive

I'd get a 1000w RMx ...

The MSI looks good too

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

I recently got the uselessly expensive new version HXi with 12VHPWR cable for my new 4070ti. I also use iCue and it's all working great - fan is very quiet and is usually not spinning unless I am gaming and even then it's virtually silent. My only complaint is that it uses the Type-4 cables instead of the cables my old AX power supply used which meant I could no longer use the fancy braided cables I bought a decade ago. So, I'll either be sleeving my own or buying some overpriced CableMod cables - my case looks matter to me since my windowed case is right on my desk two feet from my face.