Old PSU to New MB

AndySolo

Hello there! I'm a bit rusty at this point and forgot plenty of basics. I'm making new PC and bought AsRock Z790 PG Lightning MB, also I got my old PSU which is be quiet! Power Zone 750W CM. There are 8pin (x2) ATX12v1 on MB. I assume it's for CPU. So how should I plug it for my PSU. I got 8pin(x2) to 12 pin cable coming with PSU. Where should I plug it in? Is it PCIe slot on psu?

Thx for helping!

4 hours ago, AndySolo said:

I got 8pin(x2) to 12 pin cable coming with PSU. Where should I plug it in?

12 pin in the PSU and 2x8 pin in the cpu connectors on the motherboard.

But this PSU is a pretty old model. Launched in 2013 and EOL in 2019. What's your GPU?

rtx4070/14600kf combo rn. I mean 12 pin where should I put it? I got plenty of PCIe (12 pin) ports at PSU. Does it metter which one? I've read that u should not connet cpu 8+8 pins with "Y" cable. So I need to put one 8pin and one of 8pins from "Y" cable into another 8pin (atx12v2) port?

On 12/30/2023 at 5:26 PM, AndySolo said:

rtx4070/14600kf combo rn. I mean 12 pin where should I put it? I got plenty of PCIe (12 pin) ports at PSU. Does it metter which one? I've read that u should not connet cpu 8+8 pins with "Y" cable. So I need to put one 8pin and one of 8pins from "Y" cable into another 8pin (atx12v2) port?

You will have to buy a new PSU to support the GPU due to the age of the old PSU.